Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 05:23 AM

7 posts, read 11,219 times

Advertisements

I’m recently divorced moving with my girls to Allen from California. I’ve narrowed to waters creek area what are the pros and cons of the subdivisions?

Twin Creeks vs Suncreek vs Watters Crossing?
Green vs Boon Elementary.

Which are more open to single parent as well? I won’t be working for the first year while I get my girls settled in. We are coming from a neighborhood similar to Highlnd Park I hear and worried they won’t feel included
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,241,982 times
Honestly, it just depends. Neighborhood subdivisions can be very large here, and while one street may have lots of families with kids and neighbors who enjoy meeting and conversing with the people living around them, you may go just one or two streets over and have a completely different experience.

I would tend to think that a smaller enclave such as Highland Park would probably feel a bit more inclusive, so if you can afford that I think I'd probably move there.

I don't have any knowledge of those particular schools, but the Twin Creeks area is the more affluent area of those 3 areas mentioned, and have some nice neighborhoods.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:23 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,176,660 times
If you are accoustomed to Highland Park style, you may not like Allen or Collin County but its a decent town and pricier subdivisions are better compared to cheaper ones. Once you mentioned are nicer ones and very similar to each other so no need to nitpick, just go by better house. As schools are big, fitting in and finding friends shouldn't be an issue for your girls, eventually they'll find their tribe. Fitting in is more of an issue in smaller schools with cliques and bullies, not an issue in big and diverse suburban schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: