Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 8,786 times

Advertisements

Try to purchase a house in Frisco, our budget is about 450k. I have done some search and it appears to me that west part of frisco is nicer, especially the area around Philip creek ranch, it also has better schools. is this true?

Thanks.

Last edited by abya121; 08-07-2019 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,552,729 times
The schools throughout Frisco are all pretty good. Heritage, Centennial, Liberty, and Wakeland high schools and the schools that feed into are usually considered to be the better ones in Frisco.

Most of the disparity in home costs comes from the usual parameters such as age and size. Location also plays a critical role; homes in southern Frisco and those close to DNT or 121 will be more expensive than those in northeastern Frisco.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:40 PM

Default West or East Frisco for housing?

how about Reedy high school? i see its ranking in texas is higher than heritage, centennual and wakeland.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abya121 View Post
how about Reedy high school? i see its ranking in texas is higher than heritage, centennual and wakeland.
Reedy is new. I believe that it has only be open for three school years. It draws from some of Frisco's most affluent neighborhoods. It will likely be in the top tier of schools. RHS also is smaller than most of FISD's more established schools. Test scores might moderate a bit when the school begins to fill, and there’s a larger sample size of students.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:15 AM

28 posts, read 31,835 times
Quote:
Try to purchase a house in Frisco, our budget is about 450k. I have done some search and it appears to me that west part of frisco is nicer, especially the area around Philip creek ranch, it also has better schools. is this true?

Thanks.
No.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Is frisco high school a good school? compared with Reedy, wakeland, centenual, and liberty, the ranking of Frisco high school is lower.

There are lots of ranking for schools such as Niche, H David balling, greatschools, and US NEWS, the ranking results vary a lot, which one i should trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Reedy is new. I believe that it has only be open for three school years. It draws from some of Frisco's most affluent neighborhoods. It will likely be in the top tier of schools. RHS also is smaller than most of FISD's more established schools. Test scores might moderate a bit when the school begins to fill, and there’s a larger sample size of students.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Is frisco high school a good school? compared with Reedy, wakeland, centenual, and liberty, the ranking of Frisco high school is lower.

There are lots of ranking for schools such as Niche, H David balling, greatschools, and US NEWS, the ranking results vary a lot, which one i should trust?
I wouldn’t be so concerned if a particular school in Frisco is one point lower than another on Great Schools or its ranking. Personally I look at a school's ACT scores, and they’re all about the same. I’d be more interested in finding a home that fits your budget and your family's needs. Frisco High School is in an area that will have a limited number of homes in the 450k range compared to other areas in Frisco.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
Avoid buying anywhere near Main Street Frisco between DNT and Preston Road. Schools are horrible in that area and I really don't know why.

Old 08-12-2019, 11:22 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Avoid buying anywhere near Main Street Frisco between DNT and Preston Road. Schools are horrible in that area and I really don't know why.
Because this is the original town of Frisco before suburban sprawl overtook it. There will be older housing stock similar to what you find in most parts of the country. Instead you have a boomtown where a subdivision only 20 years old is considered no longer prime. There will be **gasp** some lower income people in this area. And they might be non white or non Asian. Again, **gasp**.

Making a big deal about rankings of the Frisco high schools is pointless. The area is experiencing so much growth and there will be continued adjustments to attendance zones that if you buy in a neighborhood because of a current test score avg, said avg score ranking can change by the time your kids reach the school.

All of Frisco is pretty much on even par with the rest. It is extreme nit picking to start a Frisco civil war over school rankings.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:42 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,173,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Because this is the original town of Frisco before suburban sprawl overtook it. There will be older housing stock similar to what you find in most parts of the country. Instead you have a boomtown where a subdivision only 20 years old is considered no longer prime. There will be **gasp** some lower income people in this area. And they might be non white or non Asian. Again, **gasp**.
And interestingly enough, that part of Frisco is also home to some of its wealthiest neighborhoods. Starwood and Chapel Creek are zoned to Frisco High School. While some of those people do send their kids to private schools, I know several families that have no issues sending their kids to FISD.

OP, like the others are saying, none of these schools are bad or really even all that different. Just find a house you like with a good commute and buy that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas