Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2021, 01:44 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,887,205 times

Advertisements

One thing to keep in mind is that teams change every year. Players graduate, coaches change, etc. Just because a school’s team was good last year is no guarantee they will be good this year, or next year. It is VERY rare for a school to be a “powerhouse” and dominate a sport year after year. Yes, DFW athletics are always very competitive, especially in the 5A and 6A schools.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 02:13 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
Would you say Southlake is the best play for Div 1 athletes? I played Div 1 soccer and I hope my future children can continue that....

Is highland park good for Soccer ?
HP has one of the best girls soccer programs in the state. I believe they hold the record for most girls’ state championships. The other strong girls soccer programs in the area are at Ursuline, Frisco Wakeland and Prosper.

The local boys programs that are ranked in T20 for Texas are: Frisco Wakeland, Allen, Keller & Southlake (#14). Jesuit also has a strong program.

HP used to have a strong boys soccer program but it seems like most of the boys who used to play soccer are now the ones who play lacrosse. HP fields 2 varsity lacrosse teams now and has won the state championship almost every year since the teams were founded.

It’s just one year (and the Covid year at that), but these are the Dallas area schools that signed the most D1 soccer players in the class of 2021:
Men’s
2 Jesuit (UPenn, UChicago)
1 Flower Mound Marcus HS (Mercer)
All other signees were D2/D3.

Women’s
Arlington Martin (Prairie View A&M)
Frisco Heritage (Missouri, Stephen F Austin)
Coppell (Memphis, Central Arkansas)
John Paul II (Texas State)
McKinney Boyd (Texas A&M - Corpus)
Richardson Pearce (Purdue)
All others signed to D2/D3

You can see that the strongest soccer programs aren’t even accepting the scholarship that were (likely) offered, probably because the strong programs are at academically strong high schools and students would rather go to a higher academically rated college than play soccer at Central Arkansas, Oklahoma Baptist, Mary Hardin Baylor, etc…

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...UWi1kY0hsaA..#

Old 07-18-2021, 03:06 PM

169 posts, read 104,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
HP has one of the best girls soccer programs in the state. I believe they hold the record for most girls’ state championships. The other strong girls soccer programs in the area are at Ursuline, Frisco Wakeland and Prosper.

The local boys programs that are ranked in T20 for Texas are: Frisco Wakeland, Allen, Keller & Southlake (#14). Jesuit also has a strong program.

HP used to have a strong boys soccer program but it seems like most of the boys who used to play soccer are now the ones who play lacrosse. HP fields 2 varsity lacrosse teams now and has won the state championship almost every year since the teams were founded.

It’s just one year (and the Covid year at that), but these are the Dallas area schools that signed the most D1 soccer players in the class of 2021:
Men’s
2 Jesuit (UPenn, UChicago)
1 Flower Mound Marcus HS (Mercer)
All other signees were D2/D3.

Women’s
Arlington Martin (Prairie View A&M)
Frisco Heritage (Missouri, Stephen F Austin)
Coppell (Memphis, Central Arkansas)
John Paul II (Texas State)
McKinney Boyd (Texas A&M - Corpus)
Richardson Pearce (Purdue)
All others signed to D2/D3

You can see that the strongest soccer programs aren’t even accepting the scholarship that were (likely) offered, probably because the strong programs are at academically strong high schools and students would rather go to a higher academically rated college than play soccer at Central Arkansas, Oklahoma Baptist, Mary Hardin Baylor, etc…

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...UWi1kY0hsaA..#
Well except your list is wrong. Keller HS alone has two players playing D1 soccer

Old 07-18-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Would you say Southlake is the best play for Div 1 athletes? I played Div 1 soccer and I hope my future children can continue that....

It is average for soccer. You want the best you have to go 6A. Using Keller High as an example. For boys the best HP boys player would likely start for Keller. The next 2 would see playing time. The next 8 starters wouldn't see the field. The best 5A teams would be middle fo the pack for 6A. Once in a while you get a school like Wakeland that would finish top 2 or 3 of a 6A league.

Your best schools for boys soccer will consistently be Flower Mound, Flower Mound Marcus, Frisco Wakeland, Allen, Southlake Carroll, Keller, McKinney Boyd. The two best players the last two years in the US were in Keller 2021 and in Southlake 2020.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicnod View Post
Well except your list is wrong. Keller HS alone has two players playing D1 soccer
I didn’t list schools on the western side of the metroplex since you’ve been focused on the Dallas side. Mansfield had some of them, too. Those don’t seem like places you’d want to “slum it” based on your forum posting history…

Sorry I spent time helping you. I’m married to a former soccer player as well. GL -

Old 07-18-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I didn’t list schools on the western side of the metroplex since you’ve been focused on the Dallas side. Mansfield had some of them, too. Those don’t seem like places you’d want to “slum it” based on your forum posting history…

Sorry I spent time helping you. I’m married to a former soccer player as well. GL -
You also missed Wakeland and Allen who have D1 soccer players. Again your list is far too full of mistakes

Old 07-18-2021, 03:18 PM

625 posts, read 668,685 times
Quote:

Wait a second...you don’t have children yet and are asking for advice to local schools in anticipation of moving here? You don’t even know what type of hypothetical children you may have! All folks think that their hypothetical kids will be academically and athletically gifted....till reality strikes...

Old 07-18-2021, 03:38 PM

272 posts, read 246,815 times
Quote:
It is average for soccer. You want the best you have to go 6A. Using Keller High as an example. For boys the best HP boys player would likely start for Keller. The next 2 would see playing time. The next 8 starters wouldn't see the field. The best 5A teams would be middle fo the pack for 6A. Once in a while you get a school like Wakeland that would finish top 2 or 3 of a 6A league.

Your best schools for boys soccer will consistently be Flower Mound, Flower Mound Marcus, Frisco Wakeland, Allen, Southlake Carroll, Keller, McKinney Boyd. The two best players the last two years in the US were in Keller 2021 and in Southlake 2020.
Is there a site where I can view 6a schools ?

Old 07-18-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
You also missed Wakeland and Allen who have D1 soccer players. Again your list is far too full of mistakes
Wakeland - I see one class of ‘21 boy signed with Midwestern (D2) and one girl signed with Drury (D2).

Allen - no players from class of ‘21 are listed as signed in the linked DMN article.

Again, I am not the person running the max preps website. Just a city data poster who LINKED the DMN’s listing of all area signed athletes for the class of 2021 to be HELPFUL. In no way did I claim that no other schools had signed D1 soccer players in this year or any previous year. You people need to chill,

Old 07-18-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texstout View Post
Wait a second...you don’t have children yet and are asking for advice to local schools in anticipation of moving here? You don’t even know what type of hypothetical children you may have! All folks think that their hypothetical kids will be academically and athletically gifted....till reality strikes...
OMFG, I totally missed the word “future.” So glad I wasted time answering his soccer question which I am now being blasted for…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas