Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 12:48 PM

402 posts, read 371,674 times

Advertisements

A former co worker of mine is headed to Dallas for a weekend next month as well, to check out the social scene as well as visit a few potential apartments for rent. He will be relocating as he has accepted employment with a company based in the area.

Dallas on a weekend in the Fall is a nice getaway. Enjoy your trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 01:11 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,816,683 times
Check to see if the State Fair is running while you are there- and GO!

If you want a light lunch or just an amazing cupcake, visit Bird Bakery in HP Village, and don't miss the village for people watching and great shopping. Love Shack Fancy and Roller Rabbit are two stores you don't see everywhere. Also the lobster place has delicious lobster rolls.

You might want a side trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards (look it up online) and a great meal at 3Hs before you watch the longhorn parade down the street, you buy those cowboy boots you've been wanting and then head to the honky tonk for dancing.

Enjoy you trip and consider Austin for a great getaway.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,131 times
Check out Bishop Arts District & Trinity Groves for dining. Also the Design District has a cool Virgin Hotel.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:32 PM

122 posts, read 175,032 times
Dallas is great for a girls' weekend getaway!!!
My girlfriends flew to see me from all over the country a couple of years ago and we all had a fantastic time!

Fund things to do:
- Highland Park Village is great. Bistro 31 and the surrounding area is a nice place to eat and take pictures
- For super feminine brunch/dining, try Grange Hall restaurant! It's a cute little flower/handbag/jewelry shop and a super nice restaurant that's ideal for girls get together.
- For an impressive view, go eat at the Monarch restaurant on the 49th floor, and request window seating. You'll enjoy the food and the gorgeous view of Dallas downtown. Also make sure to visit the bathroom and use the inner most stall (a.k.a window seat). You'll be impressed
- Dallas Museum of Art has furniture owned by Coco Chanel! And it's free! You can take a walk there and go visit the Klyde-Warren Park nearby.
- Too bad the Fort Worth Stockyard and Rodeo show is not open now. That's quite fun and entertaining.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time with the girls!

Old 08-14-2021, 04:16 PM

125 posts, read 150,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1781 View Post
Hi everyone. My friend and I are doing a weekend girls trip to Dallas in September. We are in our late 30s and enjoy fine dining and nice upscale bars with an older crowd. I’ve done some research and saw uptown and highland village might fit what we are looking for so we are considering finding a hotel in those areas. Are there walkable bars we could go to in these areas? Also any must sees or must visit locations that you would recommend?
Fabrication Yard in West Dallas, Rudy's Chicken in South Oak Cliff.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:11 PM

51 posts, read 43,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple44 View Post
Dallas is great for a girls' weekend getaway!!!
My girlfriends flew to see me from all over the country a couple of years ago and we all had a fantastic time!

Fund things to do:
- Highland Park Village is great. Bistro 31 and the surrounding area is a nice place to eat and take pictures
- For super feminine brunch/dining, try Grange Hall restaurant! It's a cute little flower/handbag/jewelry shop and a super nice restaurant that's ideal for girls get together.
- For an impressive view, go eat at the Monarch restaurant on the 49th floor, and request window seating. You'll enjoy the food and the gorgeous view of Dallas downtown. Also make sure to visit the bathroom and use the inner most stall (a.k.a window seat). You'll be impressed
- Dallas Museum of Art has furniture owned by Coco Chanel! And it's free! You can take a walk there and go visit the Klyde-Warren Park nearby.
- Too bad the Fort Worth Stockyard and Rodeo show is not open now. That's quite fun and entertaining.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time with the girls!
Thank you so much for the recommendations. Any other restaurants you would recommend for dinner? Monarch had no availability

Old 08-30-2021, 02:21 PM

625 posts, read 671,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy1781 View Post
Thank you so much for the recommendations. Any other restaurants you would recommend for dinner? Monarch had no availability

Town Hearth (swanky/good food); RH Rooftop Restaurant (literally a restaurant on Restoration Hardware very trendy right now); Kessaku (same building as Monarch but on 50th floor); Hawthorne Restaurant with drinks at Catbird (same building as Monarch - interesting views, but not worth for dinner); Meridian (best meal I've had in a while); Carte Blanche (if your a foodie and to check out lower greenville avenue); Paradiso (beautiful room - in Bishop Arts district so good place to walk around for drinks/dessert)

Old 08-31-2021, 07:32 AM

223 posts, read 141,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
I don't know why some people are being negative, I think Dallas is fun for a girls' getaway, esp if you are wanting to shop and dine and stay in a nice hotel with a spa. Check, Check, and Check! You can go to North Park or the Galleria if you want more shopping options. I completely agree with Village Baking Co rec- seriously good. Javier's is kind of a "scene" place that can be fun for drinks or dinner.
I know a girl from Arkansas that moved here precisely because of girls trip that her sisters and mother would make to Dallas.

Sometimes its big city arrogance. You don't realize what you have because its always around.

I asked her "Why Dallas" and she stated to me...there is no North Park Center or Galleria in Arkansas. Her family would go to Dallas so they could shop at high end stores, attend a cultural event, eat at restaurants not found in small town Arkansas, and just stay in a nice hotel for the weekend.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:05 AM

516 posts, read 453,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Bear View Post
I know a girl from Arkansas that moved here precisely because of girls trip that her sisters and mother would make to Dallas.

Sometimes its big city arrogance. You don't realize what you have because its always around.

I asked her "Why Dallas" and she stated to me...there is no North Park Center or Galleria in Arkansas. Her family would go to Dallas so they could shop at high-end stores, attend a cultural event, eat at restaurants not found in small town Arkansas, and just stay in a nice hotel for the weekend.
Ha, I can relate. I am a native Dallasite. Growing up, when I would hear people were visiting Dallas on vacation, I would think, why??? Same with moving here. I thought Dallas was the lamest city with nothing to do until I moved away for college and came back. It didn't occur to me that other kids didn't have the type of shopping, entertainment, and cultural experiences readily available to them like us kids who lived in Dallas.

Old 08-31-2021, 10:17 AM

390 posts, read 390,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXPerson View Post
Ha, I can relate. I am a native Dallasite. Growing up, when I would hear people were visiting Dallas on vacation, I would think, why??? Same with moving here. I thought Dallas was the lamest city with nothing to do until I moved away for college and came back. It didn't occur to me that other kids didn't have the type of shopping, entertainment, and cultural experiences readily available to them like us kids who lived in Dallas.
Do you still think dallas is lame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas