Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 08:41 AM

272 posts, read 248,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
That sounds so funny from geographical point of view because obviously Texas is very south
Right ? This individual is the weirdest person I’ve come into contact on this forum.

Dallas is in the south ... no it’s not to them

Dallas is a conservative city. no it’s not to them

The people of dallas are more traditional in their ways ?
What do you mean traditional : own slaves, treat women like objects...

And then they say I’m hostile and offensive

No. I’m just normal...

Old 07-24-2021, 08:53 AM

5,964 posts, read 4,231,124 times
Quote:
That sounds so funny from geographical point of view because obviously Texas is very south
So is California. So I guess California is the south? Similarly, while most people would consider the Florida panhandle to be part of the south, I doubt many people would consider Miami to be a southern city. "South" in this context is cultural, not just geographical.

There are probably some Texans who consider Texas to be in the south, but while Texas shares a lot with the south, I think most people consider it to be similar but distinct.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
If you seriously think you’re response is normal. I have no idea what to say.
I think a normal person would realize that "traditional values" is too vague to be useful and some clarification is needed.

This is sort of like if someone asked "What's it like up north?" and another person responded "What do you mean by 'up north'? Do you mean Oklahoma or Minnesota or the North Pole?" Should the original person respond "The North Pole?! Who goes to the North Pole?! What a preposterous idea. You aren't normal!"?

Old 07-24-2021, 08:59 AM

2,447 posts, read 2,545,731 times
Quote:
Right ? This individual is the weirdest person I’ve come into contact on this forum.

Dallas is in the south ... no it’s not to them

Dallas is a conservative city. no it’s not to them

The people of dallas are more traditional in their ways ?
What do you mean traditional : own slaves, treat women like objects...

And then they say I’m hostile and offensive

No. I’m just normal...
Well I pretty much understand what do you mean by traditional. This is something I am interested in as well. But your definitions are somewhat vague as others pointed out.

Slavery comments are ridiculous though

I guess Dallas and Houston are similar. Initially I expected Houston to be more conservative than it is because it is in Texas. But many Houston suburbs are more conservative like in real Texas. Similar thing should be in Dallas suburbs.
And you always can find more traditional people even in California, so it is more about your personal circle of people.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
So is California. So I guess California is the south? Similarly, while most people would consider the Florida panhandle to be part of the south, I doubt many people would consider Miami to be a southern city. "South" in this context is cultural, not just geographical.

There are probably some Texans who consider Texas to be in the south, but while Texas shares a lot with the south, I think most people consider it to be similar but distinct.
The fact you just took the time to say California is the south just tells me all I need to know.
Have a great day

Quote:
The fact you just took the time to say California is the south just tells me all I need to know.
Have a great day
Serious question: Are you trolling, or is your reading comprehension just that bad?

2,447 posts, read 2,545,731 times
Quote:
So is California. So I guess California is the south?
Southwest

Old 07-24-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Serious question: Are you trolling, or is your reading comprehension just that bad?
Reading comprehension is the ability to understand what is being said without needing further explanation.

Something you seem to have a very hard time doing.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Well I pretty much understand what do you mean by traditional. This is something I am interested in as well. But your definitions are somewhat vague as others pointed out.

Slavery comments are ridiculous though

I guess Dallas and Houston are similar. Initially I expected Houston to be more conservative than it is because it is in Texas. But many Houston suburbs are more conservative like in real Texas. Similar thing should be in Dallas suburbs.
And you always can find more traditional people even in California, so it is more about your personal circle of people.
Thanks for proving a simpler answer to a simple question.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:49 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,366,513 times
Quote:
Go to the Rio Grande Valley or San Antonio and let me know if you feel like you’re culturally in “the South.”

The only parts of Texas that feel Southern are along the eastern sides, a good ways east of I-45 like Tyler, Longview, & Beaumont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas