Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 04:55 AM

272 posts, read 246,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
What is that supposed to be a picture of? And why do you ask questions and then get so hostile when posters don't give you the answers you think they should?
Hostile ? I asked if Dallas is a conservative city.

You decided to ask conservative in what way ?
- do you want to own slaves
- do you want to treat women as property
- black and whites

Do you understand how ludicrous you are for even writing / thinking that?

I asked if Dallas is a conservative city... as a decent human being
A question, you clearly can’t answer like every other normal human on this planet.

All that was needed was a yes or a no.

Be better next time.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:05 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,443,716 times
Agree with Cuggz. OP asked a vague question, then getting hostile and disrespectful towards folks. Apparently, his “traditional values” don’t include common respect and courtesy…

Old 07-24-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Agree with Cuggz. OP asked a vague question, then getting hostile and disrespectful towards folks. Apparently, his “traditional values” don’t include common respect and courtesy…
Thank you.

Old 07-24-2021, 06:33 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think any large city would fit that description.

Based on that last election map, Frisco was almost entirely blue. One of the very few red areas is dominated mostly by a 55+ community on the west near Little Elm. I'm not sure how useful that is. That map could look different next election.
There are conservative large cities. Biden had 65% of the vote in Dallas County. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202.../texas-results

Oklahoma City(Oklahoma County) went to Trump in 2020. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lahoma-results

Trump had 46-48%% of the vote in Miami, Jacksonville, and Tampa. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lorida-results

Old 07-24-2021, 07:03 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
women prefer the traditional marriage
This may be my favorite quote of the day. I'm just going to sit here and slowly savor it, like a fine wine, or the first bite of a perfectly cooked steak.

Thanks OP, for making my day!

Old 07-24-2021, 08:02 AM

578 posts, read 479,204 times
https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-judge...185600526.html

A Texas judge earlier this year ordered that a Muslim woman seeking a divorce appear before a tribunal governed by Sharia, a move that her lawyers said was unconstitutional.

In March, Collin County District Judge Andrea Thompson ordered that Mariam Ayad, a woman attempting to divorce her husband, Ayad Hashim Latif, forgo the usual legal paths and instead submit to arbitration under a Fiqh panel, governed by a traditional Muslim group based in Saudi Arabia. Thompson's reasoning rested on a prenuptial agreement between the two in which Ayad agreed to allow her marriage to be arbitrated according to Sharia.

Ayad's attorneys took the case to a Texas appeals court, arguing that the Sharia proceedings are in direct conflict with United States divorce law. The agreement itself, they added, is "unconscionable" and in opposition to Texas law as well.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:22 AM

Thanks to everyone who answered this like a normal person without getting triggered or need a 50 page pdf report to explain what traditional values are.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:23 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
Hostile ? I asked if Dallas is a conservative city.

You decided to ask conservative in what way ?
- do you want to own slaves
- do you want to treat women as property
- black and whites

Do you understand how ludicrous you are for even writing / thinking that?

I asked if Dallas is a conservative city... as a decent human being
A question, you clearly can’t answer like every other normal human on this planet.

All that was needed was a yes or a no.

Be better next time.
You asked if it had traditional values, but you still haven't clarified what exactly is meant by "traditional values." I wasn't implying that you personally want to hold slaves; I was simply pointing out how vague your question was. And multiple other posters in this thread have responded to your question with "no," and you've called them crazy. Why even ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Cuggz is the OP.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
You asked if it had traditional values, but you still haven't clarified what exactly is meant by "traditional values." I wasn't implying that you personally want to hold slaves; I was simply pointing out how vague your question was. And multiple other posters in this thread have responded to your question with "no," and you've called them crazy. Why even ask?

Cuggz is the OP.
I don’t think “ traditional values “ needs explaining.
Why ? Because absolutely nobody on the planet would be wondering if he’s talking about slaves and race.

If you seriously think you’re response is normal. I have no idea what to say.

Please just stop responding and move on so we can have people with input relevant to the question.

Thank you

Old 07-24-2021, 08:33 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,525,391 times
Quote:
And Texas isn't the south. I grew up in the south. No one in the south considers Texas to be the south. It shares a lot in common with the south, but it is sort of its own thing.
That sounds so funny from geographical point of view because obviously Texas is very south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas