Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:54 PM

168 posts, read 500,087 times

Advertisements

beautiful + Dallas = contradictory terms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times
Well, that's your opinion. Apparently, you don't appreciate any kind of beauty at all. Everyone gave examples, you'd see them, too, if you opened your eyes.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:19 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,066,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
Hey people live here in CA for the scenery.... hey New York if you took away all the buildings.. ain't impressive either.
Not necessarily in LA. The most scenic Los Angeles view, other than the nice coastline that 95% of Angelinos cannot afford, is the highly decorated and landscaped freeway network. Everything else is an ugly jumble of barren hills and smoggy views and ramshacle buildings on dirty arterial highways that LA calls "boulevards".

If you want scenery in Cali, you'd best live in mountain towns in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

So nobody in NYC lives there for the scenery, eh? They haven't taken the buildings away, have they? No... there are many reasons to live in NYC, if you can, but scenery is not one of them.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about, it is stunning. I know a lot of people avoid Oak Cliff like the plague, but the view coming across the Trinity, wow!
When they finish the first Caltrava bridge across the Trinity, the view should be even better.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:06 AM

37 posts, read 95,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
...that's because Plano and Frisco aren't particularly pretty....
What is it about Frisco or areas of Plano that you find not particularly attractive ? Is it, lack of trees ?

I have never been to either place, so I wouldn't have a clue ....

Old 05-18-2008, 10:09 AM

37 posts, read 95,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas76 View Post
Yes they are building homes. I was over there today it's called Capella Park a partnership with the city of Dallas and T.D Jakes (Potter's House). The area is coming along very nicely.
Go down Great Southwest Parkway across Joe Pool Lake into Cedar Hill is the best natural scenery in the area. Plenty of trees and rolling hills. Go on the bike and hike trails in Cedar Hill State Park or The Preserve and you will get the best views of Dallas . I believe the Texas Hill Country begins in the area. It is absolutely beautiful at this time of the year.
I really enjoy bike/hiking trails. This sounds like a definite must see ! I just booked a flight for July, just to check out the area for a few days. Can't wait !

Old 05-18-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
I really enjoy bike/hiking trails. This sounds like a definite must see ! I just booked a flight for July, just to check out the area for a few days. Can't wait !
There are many hiking trails in DFW. The REI store in either Plano or Dallas on LBJ freeway has a book on about 60 hikes in DFW.

The Katy rrail is very popular... it is completely grade seperated from traffic and ges through the more urban parts of Uptown Dallas, into the downtown area near Victory Park.

The White Rock trail completely encircles White Rock Lake, and an offshoot of it extends upstream along White Rock Creek which feeds the lake.

There should be a new trail along in Great Trinity Forest, an enormous riparian woodland along the Trinity River. There was a group taking classes on trailblazing this thursday and friday, and going out trailblazing on saturday.

In addition, there are two good trails in Cedar Hills State Park. The Cedar Hills are real hills, two or three hundred feet high, descending into the Joe Pool Lake. There are also bike trails there maintained by DORBA, Dallas off-road bike association.

DORBA maintains bike trails around other areas. The two units of Ray Roberts State Park have DORBA trails as well, in addition to purely hiking trails.

Have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas