Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 06:44 PM

948 posts, read 1,140,963 times

Advertisements

What are the pros and cons of selling your home to opendoor? Will you get a better deal through opendoor than having to go through the process of finding a realtor and listing it in the market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2023, 07:43 PM

3,075 posts, read 8,421,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
What are the pros and cons of selling your home to opendoor? Will you get a better deal through opendoor than having to go through the process of finding a realtor and listing it in the market?

Are you selling your home now?

Old 04-05-2023, 07:52 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,088,685 times
I doubt it from what I've been told. They lowball the offers about $100K less than market value, and they charge hefty hidden fees. The real estate agents I talked to don't even show Opendoor properties as they're just as bad on the sell side.

I suggest finding a good real estate agent. They can sometimes get in touch with investors who may want to buy the home without the need for you to put it on the market.

I've not heard as much negativity about Offerpad, and you could try them, but I would suggest talking to a few real estate agents and asking if they have some ideas first.

Old 04-06-2023, 04:08 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I doubt it from what I've been told. They lowball the offers about $100K less than market value, and they charge hefty hidden fees. The real estate agents I talked to don't even show Opendoor properties as they're just as bad on the sell side.

I suggest finding a good real estate agent. They can sometimes get in touch with investors who may want to buy the home without the need for you to put it on the market.

I've not heard as much negativity about Offerpad, and you could try them, but I would suggest talking to a few real estate agents and asking if they have some ideas first.
They are about 2 steps from going Bankrupt and had been way overpaying for their properties. They have changed and I would suspect they extremely lowball offers. They are nothing but the worst kind of Home Flipper putting the bare minimum into mostly bad homes and trying to flip. Most agents don't like showing these bad flipper type homes, the quality of any work is very low and prices can be way too high.

Offerpad is in even worse financial shape. They are close to being delisted from the NYSE.

Old 04-06-2023, 05:42 AM

772 posts, read 937,052 times
We know a couple who sold a home with them, they were happy with their offer, it listed competitively and the home sold within 2-3 months. This was back in 2018 however. Whether they would have made more selling the traditional way is anyone's guess.

Old 04-06-2023, 06:52 AM

948 posts, read 1,140,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Are you selling your home now?
No. I keep getting their brochures on mail and curious if they are legit. Did some research and turned out they are flippers like others posted here.

Old 04-06-2023, 12:47 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,413,819 times
If you want to sell quick, OpenDoor or Redfin might be the place to go but understand you will get lowballed by about 20-30% of your home value.

Old 04-06-2023, 01:23 PM

3,075 posts, read 8,421,411 times
Quote:
No. I keep getting their brochures on mail and curious if they are legit. Did some research and turned out they are flippers like others posted here.

Those type operations generally are flippers of one sort or another with OD being one. They all will make it sound like they are so benevolent but will wind up being nothing more than a headache!

Another problem you have with those types as opposed to using a licensed Real Estate Salesperson or Broker is no real oversight over their actions by a licensing agency (Texas Real Estate Commission).

Old 04-06-2023, 03:20 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,779,810 times
Quote:
Flippers and iBuyers like Opendoor are going to lowball you for your home relative to where a traditional realtor will likely market and sell your home. Having said this, if your home has a lot of annoying problems you don't want to fix before you sell, or if you really and truly can't stand the idea of going through showings, having house on the market, etc then the low offer they give you could be appealing.

I wouldn't advocate using them though. If your house needs repairs before you sell, hire a handyman. Now that the construction market has cooled, they aren't nearly as busy as they used to be and are willing to tackle smaller jobs for reasonable prices.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
If you want to sell quick, OpenDoor or Redfin might be the place to go but understand you will get lowballed by about 20-30% of your home value.
Redfin like Zillow shutdown their home flipping / buying business last year before it put them out of business. They like the others were losing a fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas