Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2024, 08:54 AM

537 posts, read 449,363 times

Advertisements

I know there has been talk of a second high school in Little Elm. The only thing I know for sure is that it was not on the ballot in November to issue bonds for, so I am thinking it is at least four years out. Does anyone have any idea where and when this might be built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 02:47 PM

95 posts, read 69,562 times
there is only one and likely only one for any timeframe that would matter. the hardest part is finding enough land at a reasonable enough cost to purchase and develop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp3G_67WcKs - 5 years ago - no new high school

https://www.littleelmisdbond.net/ - 2022 bond election - expanding existing high school

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-scho...-high-schools/ - no expansion - December 2022

Old 02-20-2024, 05:02 PM

537 posts, read 449,363 times
Thanks for the information. I have a client that just put a house under contract in The Colony city limits, but is in Little Elm ISD. Now, when I went to check the mileage from their house to the high school it is only 6 miles. For whatever reason, it sure felt like more than that when we drove it on Sunday. I am pretty sure my house in Plano is more than that between our house and the high school we are zoned to.

Old 02-20-2024, 08:47 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,082,086 times
It doesn't matter to me personally, but it's interesting the tiny town of Van Alstyne with far fewer people and students and probably a lot less money is already building a second high school.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:08 PM

1,079 posts, read 1,110,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
It doesn't matter to me personally, but it's interesting the tiny town of Van Alstyne with far fewer people and students and probably a lot less money is already building a second high school.
New High School, not a second high school. Unless something has changed, the new High School will be the High School, the old High School will be repurposed into a Middle School.

That could have changed though as those exurban areas are growing so fast, but I believe that was the bond proposal.

Old 02-21-2024, 06:14 AM

95 posts, read 69,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widespreadfan View Post
Thanks for the information. I have a client that just put a house under contract in The Colony city limits, but is in Little Elm ISD. Now, when I went to check the mileage from their house to the high school it is only 6 miles. For whatever reason, it sure felt like more than that when we drove it on Sunday. I am pretty sure my house in Plano is more than that between our house and the high school we are zoned to.
that's because its basically all residential and infill shopping for those residents. the entire area west of DNT south of 380 and north of 121 feels like that. i lived in Plano and it benefits from being a nice grid with 6 lane roads between the highways and they all move fairly well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas