Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,874 times

Advertisements

Ladybugs. They actually don't scare me
And they are cute too- like us

Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Yes, yes ladybugs! They are helpful and beautiful, and are allowed into the house all day long. Also don't mind the lizards, they eat bugs. My cat brings one in occasionally, as well as frogs. We are having a little moth invasion at this time, again don't mind them, my cat has them as her late night "snack". I still have a large dark brown one in my bedroom she hasn't seen yet....

Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yes, yes ladybugs! They are helpful and beautiful, and are allowed into the house all day long. Also don't mind the lizards, they eat bugs. My cat brings one in occasionally, as well as frogs. We are having a little moth invasion at this time, again don't mind them, my cat has them as her late night "snack". I still have a large dark brown one in my bedroom she hasn't seen yet....

My youngest cat was caught "torturing" some little bug. I thought, if only I could have had her during those cockroach days. Then vindication would have been mine mwhwhwhwha

Old 06-24-2008, 12:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
When I lived in Tyler, TX with my OldGirl (may she rest in kitty heaven) she was not interested in eating the big water bugs. She would bat them around, then lose interest. But at least she would find them for me! Since I moved out of East Texas have not had a problem with any roaches. Have every confidence the "killer" feline I have now would take them down quickly, heh, heh... Right now she is "killing" a large geranium leaf that fell onto the deck!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:39 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,739 times
In the UK we call ladybugs, ladybirds. I don't mind them but aren't there some yellow biting ones. These may not be ladybugs at all, but posing as them. I always thought the dark glasses were a give-away
I'm actually not brilliant with butterflies, they are pretty but I don't like the way they flutter about. And don't get me started with dragonflies or those wasps with 'things like legs' dangling underneath them.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,558 times
I had a dream (dare I say nightmare) about a huge roach last night...I can only attribute it to this post

Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,739 times
I came across this cockroach joke on the web...

A man was sitting at home one evening, when the doorbell rang. When he answered the door, a 6 foot tall cockroach was standing there. The cockroach immediately punched him between the eyes and scampered off.

The next evening, the man was sitting at home when the doorbell rang again. When he answered the door, the cockroach was there again. This time, it punched him, kicked him and karate chopped him before running away.

The third evening, the man was sitting at home when the doorbell rang. When he answered the door, the cockroach was there yet again. It leapt at him and stabbed him several times before running off. The gravely injured man managed to crawl to the telephone and summoned an ambulance. He was rushed to intensive care, where they saved his life. The next morning, the doctor was doing his rounds. He asked the man what happened, so the man explained about the 6 foot cockroach's attacks, culminating in the near fatal stabbing.

The doctor thought for a moment and said,

"Yes, there's a nasty bug going around.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
And don't get me started with dragonflies or those wasps with 'things like legs' dangling underneath them.
Dragonflies are evil. One time at a park one was following me. Well I was on my way to my car. So i just did a quick 360 around the car, the dragonfly followed. Soon I was running around the car in circles and the dragonfly kept at it..until I ran in another direction and back towards my friends. Embarrassing and scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by honu1 View Post
I had a dream (dare I say nightmare) about a huge roach last night...I can only attribute it to this post
I am not surprised. I need to brace myself for i am afraid we might have conjured up more encounters...or dreams. The subconscious is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
I came across this cockroach joke on the web...

A man was sitting at home one evening, when the doorbell rang. When he answered the door, a 6 foot tall cockroach was standing there. The cockroach immediately punched him between the eyes and scampered off.

The next evening, the man was sitting at home when the doorbell rang again. When he answered the door, the cockroach was there again. This time, it punched him, kicked him and karate chopped him before running away.

The third evening, the man was sitting at home when the doorbell rang. When he answered the door, the cockroach was there yet again. It leapt at him and stabbed him several times before running off. The gravely injured man managed to crawl to the telephone and summoned an ambulance. He was rushed to intensive care, where they saved his life. The next morning, the doctor was doing his rounds. He asked the man what happened, so the man explained about the 6 foot cockroach's attacks, culminating in the near fatal stabbing.

The doctor thought for a moment and said,

"Yes, there's a nasty bug going around.
Well i must say if there are cockroaches as big as a credit card going around and these are prehistoric creatures soon they will get even bigger. I saw a "dead" conckraoch last night in a store. i snickered to myself. Serves 'em right-there is no telling what agony the darn thing had caused.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 AM

YouTube - Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches

If you scroll down on the right side there are other videos of these "creatures" OMG

they are touching it...its makes this hissing sound like a cat

Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 AM

100 posts, read 455,516 times
Who would have though there would be so many cockroach videos. For all my people from the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida I just thought about the biggest FLY in the world better known as the Horse Fly. I haven't seen one while here in Dallas. These flies will remove a chunk of your skin with one bite. They are horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas