Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 14,693 times

Advertisements

Ive been to plenty of Hooters, Bone Daddy's (Great), and im going to Twin Peaks in Lewisville. Are there any other places like this i need to visit?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 11:06 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,087,630 times
Are you looking for a date by asking out one of those pretty single waitresses? If not, why would looks matter? You are here for the food or a date? Im curious!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:07 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times
There's a Bonedaddy's in Richardson.

However, if you want this type of environment, Austin provides more variety. I'd say they out number Dallas in these types of establishments 5:1. Rightfully so, it's Austin - Texas' own version of NYC/LA.

Dallas is more of an upscale chain/family based demographic. However, I've been told that there is more 'Gentleman's Clubs' in Dallas than any other city in the US.....not sure where these are located as I've never as much driven past one, and I get around for my job (Field based Sales). Must be hiding in the seedy areas I never visit.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:09 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Let's see. Besides Hooters and Bonedaddy's there is "Hooters of Garland" aka Hubbards, located on Main St in downtown Garland. They also have a location now in Rowlett on Hwy 66. Home cooking and breakfast and great homemade pies. Gosh, there are more but I don't really pay attention to that. LOL!!! I'll have to ask hubby.

Socketz, try driving down I30 around Jim Miller and Dolphin. Not a great area but there are a few there. Then around Bachman Lake on Northwest Hwy. Take a trek down Harry Hines. HH used to be a HUGE hangout for "working ladies". HH is VERY interesting. Great mix of some awesome discount shops for clothing & home decor (Sam Moon), hole in the wall dives to eat that are great, warehouses, automotive repair places, places w/ "live models", video stores , etc. Oh, HH does run into Northwest Hwy down by where the old Circle Motel & Circle Bowl used to be. Then over around Manana off of I35 and Loop 12. What once was "Restaurant Row" off of Walnut Hill right there at I35 (Don Carters bowling alley still there along w/ Old San Fransico Steakhouse). Walnut Hill and Harry Hines intersect.

You could make a tour really easy. Take I35-Stemmons south and exit at Walnut Hill and turn left. Turn right at the first light and go down and make the circle and come back out on Walnut Hill. Turn right back out onto Walnut Hill (stop at one of the many beer/liquor stores there). Head to Harry Hines and because you need to get the full effect turn left. Drive down HH till you get to Denton Drive and turn around and come back. Stay on Harry Hines and soak up the atmosphere, nothing like it anywhere else, lol. Head south to Northwest Hwy. Once you get to Northwest Hwy go east. Don't stop at the Jaguar dealer. (Are they still there???). Anyway, on down you will soon see what once was called European Crossroads (is it still called that?), lots of clubs there. You will pass Bachman Lake on your right (grew up going there, lol) and on your left is a nice shopping center that has undergone a great transformation. Love Field is just on the other side of Bachman Lake so you will get to see the planes up close and personal. Marsh is right up the road there but stay on Northwest Hwy, great newer development on your right w/ an Embassy Suites and lots of shopping/restaurants. If you want to hit some of the high end car dealers turn right on Marsh/Lemmon and they are right down there. Back to Northwest Hwy heading east. This area is now called Bluffview. Beautiful homes, nice area. Pass Midway, soon you will reach the Dallas North Tollway and just beyond that on the right hand side is Preston Center. Once one of the BEST shopping centers in Dallas. Stein's bakery is still there. Great shopping here. On down Northwest Hwy once you get past Hillcrest you are now at Northpark Mall and 75/Central. Isn't it amazing the wide range of what is right at your fingertips in the Dallas area. One minute you are in "live model" heaven and the next you are at NorthPark Mall - um yeah, some of them could be "live models" too. LOL!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks Mom. I can just hear all the 30+ year old guys out there reading the thread and now printing this page out to the printer as they're putting their coat on to jump in the car... :-)

We should all get together and rent a big tour bus and have you drive us around....

We'll call it the City-Data Tour Bus...

Again, this is great info. Wait, I think my printout is done. Gotta run.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Thanks Mom. I can just hear all the 30+ year old guys out there reading the thread and now printing this page out to the printer as they're putting their coat on to jump in the car... :-)

We should all get together and rent a big tour bus and have you drive us around....

We'll call it the City-Data Tour Bus...

Again, this is great info. Wait, I think my printout is done. Gotta run.
LMAO!!!

Hello, Hello, HELLO???? Anyone out there? Did you all leave to go eat at the buffets they offer at some of these places? Supposed to be really good "power lunches". Oh, forgot to tell you about one of the newer places. It is in the city limits of Dallas, barely. Over on Miller Rd and Plano Rd. That place is ALWAYS packed. They used to be down on Northwest Hwy near White Rock Lake but moved a few years back.

Now ladies, La Bare is down on Greenville Ave at Lovers Lane.

Now, if these places are not what you are looking for and you want to see more of a "higher class" of females (and males) then I say attend a hockey or basketball game. NO LIE!!! There is more silicon at a hockey game than there is in the Silicon Valley. Sit downstairs in the lower bowl so that your tickets gain you entrance to the Platinum Club and the Old No 7. Go early and hit the Platinum level first. Walk the entire perimeter checking out the different "bars" and the Platinum Club. Eat there if you like beforehand. Get a drink and stand at the bar looking out over the ice. Then head to your seat before the game starts. During intermission walk the entire perimeter of the lower concourse. Try not to walk into anyone while staring too hard. If you want, go back to your seat for the 2nd period - depends on what the "action" was around you if this is something to do or not but sitting downstairs there is usually plenty. 2nd intermission and 3rd period, hit the Platinum Club. Get a drink and hangout at the bar up there. After the game, go back to the main 1st level concourse and hit the Old No 7 bar. Stroll around, check out downstairs, main level and outside area. If this trip does not net you any one or give you enough "eye candy", well, you might as well be dead.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Darn it, now I have to print this page out again. Stop adding stuff :-)

Sorry, but I came from Socal, Orange County for part of that time.

In South Orange County, silicon gets a start early. If your ever there, go to the Irvine Spectrum and tell me what you think. No comparison. Makes West Plano look like Oklahoma (wait, did I say that).

I still love the Metroplex though. I'd say this is in the top 5 of areas with the most beautiful people in the US. Top 1-2 for the friendliest.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:20 PM

806 posts, read 2,884,793 times
I read that tour with Nostalgia, Momof2! Those were the days!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:43 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
There is a restuarant called "2 Granny's" in Glen Rose.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
I read that tour with Nostalgia, Momof2! Those were the days!
LOL!!!!! I had to take a trek today down Stemmons to around Irving Blvd. Glanced over to the left when I went past Walnut Hill and saw the old Restaurant Row. All changed now. Looked over and off in the distance around Northwest Hwy........ all changed. If I had not been in a time crunch to get back I would have taken Harry Hines back. LOL!!! But I did remember some of the things that happened back then. Walnut Hill was the place to go buy beer (there or Addison for us). We'd go to Don Carter's to bowl, stop in at Dave & Busters across the street. Head down Walnut Hill and see all the action on Harry Hines. One time I was driving and my friends saw some ladies that were out looking for a job and they yelled something out the window to them. Dang light turned red and I had to stop. They were comin at the car in a trot and if that light would not have turned green in 2 seconds I was running it. Then the time my sis wanted me to stop and go back so she could ask one "working girl" where she got something she had on. LOL!!! Only my sis My hubby knew a guy back then that drove a limo some and the guys would pile in it and drive up and down Harry Hines pulling up and harrasing them. They were bad. Oh, so much has changed but so much has stayed the same. And they say Dallas has no "culture". LMAO!!!

I'm still wondering where all the guys are??

Oh, if you do attend a hockey or basketball game do not sit down on the front. You do want the lower bowl w/ tickets that allow admission to the Platinum Club. If you sit too far to the front you miss all the "action". If you sit closer to the back you get to see EVERYTHING that comes and gos up and down the steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas