Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2007, 09:43 AM

177 posts, read 857,597 times

Advertisements

For buying a home, should i get a realtor (buyer's agent) or should i search on ziprealty and zillow and other sites and directly call the owner/realtor listed there ?

Do i have to sign any contract with a realtor ? Can i see properties with multiple agents at the same time, in case one of them is busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 11:07 AM

549 posts, read 2,194,818 times
I would definitley use an agent if you are not from the area.

I believe you do need to sign something so they are your official representation. If you try to see multiple realtors they will ask if you signed with someone and probably not take you to homes.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,335,077 times
Definitely use a buyer's agent. I have never needed to sign any agreement when using a buyer's agent. There is nothing wrong with online research too, but when you see a house you like, definitely have your agent take you there. If you contact the listing agent, he/she is working for the seller, not you.

Just for your information, zillow will not give you accurate market values. A good realtor will provide you with neighborhood comparables in order to determine if the asking price of a home is within the norm.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 PM

177 posts, read 857,597 times
any good agent recommended for coppell and flower mound area ?

Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 PM

11 posts, read 71,841 times
it is benificial to you for you to have representation as said in an earlier post. And buyers rep does not cost you as the buyer, the seller pays the comm for the transaction unless expressed otherwise in the contract. usually a buyers agent WILL ask you to sign a buyers representation form to rep you. This should only be done if YOU are comfortable with your agent, so find one and sign. This will allow the agent to fully rep you for an agreed amount of time. If you sign with one agent and use another the first agent is allowed to receive a piece of the comm if not all of it that the second agent worked for. That is why the agent will ask you if you have signed with another agent, and if you have chances are they WILL NOT show you any properties. It assured the agent of working FOR you, that they will get paid IF you should purchase a home. There are MANY realtors in any area, go to www.realtor.com (broken link) to find homes in any area and interview an realtor to help you with your needs that you will be comfortable working with, remember information is free and representation is something that you are intitled to. Good luck...Sheri Kent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas