Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 PM

66 posts, read 382,522 times

Advertisements

Our 1 year anniversary is this weekend and we had originally planned to spend it in the Riviera Maya(mexico) but,alas,plans changed and we will be here in Dallas. So....I'd like to try something other than the places we usually flock to. We recently moved to Preston Hollow from uptown and often dine at Hibiscus,Trece,Nick and Sam's,Trulucks,Mi Cocina,Ferre,Cru,Al Bernaits(sp?),Mansion at Turtle Creek,Javier's...
So if any of you have something different and romantic to suggest, I'd really appreciate it. We don't mind driving as long as its not TOO far.
Live music such as jazz or piano would be nice.(no loud House of Blues type tho!!!)
THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 09:20 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,434,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittypawz11 View Post
Our 1 year anniversary is this weekend and we had originally planned to spend it in the Riviera Maya(mexico) but,alas,plans changed and we will be here in Dallas. So....I'd like to try something other than the places we usually flock to. We recently moved to Preston Hollow from uptown and often dine at Hibiscus,Trece,Nick and Sam's,Trulucks,Mi Cocina,Ferre,Cru,Al Bernaits(sp?),Mansion at Turtle Creek,Javier's...
So if any of you have something different and romantic to suggest, I'd really appreciate it. We don't mind driving as long as its not TOO far.
Live music such as jazz or piano would be nice.(no loud House of Blues type tho!!!)
THANKS!!
Mmm I love Mi Cocina! I have eaten at the one in the Galleria many times and love it!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 AM

339 posts, read 1,436,394 times
One of our favorite spots is SOHO in Addison. SOHO Food and Jazz - Addison - Texas Dallas Restaurant Live Music - Home

Edit: just read it's your FIRST anniversary so this place may not be quite special enough. It can get loud on the weekends but the food, to me, is pretty darn good. Definitely worth checking out but you could do better for truly romantic spots. Congrats by the way.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,717 times
I haven't been in a while but Nana at the top of the Anatole is pretty swanky and the Bar at Nana has live music. It doesn't have the most contemporary feel if that's what you're after but a nice experience none the less.

Hmmm, you could also try Abacus. I personally thought the food was just okay, but lots of people like it. It is/was rated 5 star.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:15 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,484,431 times
York St on Lewis near Skillman/Live Oak.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 AM

446 posts, read 1,006,325 times
We weren't impressed with York Street. Went to the new Charlie Palmer's downtown and were VERY HAPPY! But no music...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 AM

473 posts, read 1,569,040 times
Taste in State Thomas is one of my favorites.

Taste - Dallas, TX, 75204 - Citysearch

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM

308 posts, read 1,232,581 times
The only nice restaurant with live music that I can think of is Sambuca. But it is not too romantic and I think you will be seated next to other people.

How about Ferrings or Aurora?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 AM

358 posts, read 1,075,697 times
Default Nana

I second the recommendation for Nana at the Hilton Anatole. My husband and I celebrated our 16th anniversary there last month. It's upscale dining in one area with a beautiful view of downtown Dallas. If you go, I reccommend you arrive around 8:15 just before the sun is setting. It's very pretty.

After you dine, there is a bar with a live band and more views of Dallas. Very nice place. We had a wonderful time on our special day.

Let them know it's your anniversary when you make reservations.

Best wishes to you and your spouse. I hope you celebrate many many more anniversary.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
Terrilli's on Lower Greenville would be great - the food is not that upscale but it's nice Italian. Wicked martinis. The Grape across the street is more gourmet - you could hit it first, then walk across to Terilli's and end up at St. Martin's where Ben will play your piano requests. All of these are romantic, The Grape and St. Martin's especially.

If you go to York Street ask for Fana (Beth is there on Fridays too). You could have wine first at The Wine Therapist across the street or at Times Ten a couple of blocks over east in Lakewood Shopping Center. Then hit the Lakewood Theater Balcony Club for live music (usually Jazzy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas