Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 AM

78 posts, read 101,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I'd be interested in hearing some of your favorite metros.
Seattle, San Francisco (And many of it's surrounding bay area cities), New York, Irvine, Long Beach, Sacramento. Though I don't have much experience with Portland, OR I have driven through and it seemed like a relaxed place and you can't go wrong with the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 09:38 AM

110 posts, read 254,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaCritic View Post
Seattle, San Francisco (And many of it's surrounding bay area cities), New York, Irvine, Long Beach, Sacramento. Though I don't have much experience with Portland, OR I have driven through and it seemed like a relaxed place and you can't go wrong with the weather.
Sacramento? Really?

Old 08-05-2014, 10:08 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,407,452 times
Quote:
If we are just going to compare random cities, Dallas' aquarium is better than Long Beach's by far (and Long Beach is one of the worst of that area's coastal communities- who would pick Long Beach over Laguna or Newport? ) and Irvine is a boring company town. Seattle is alright, but a little overrated in my opinion, New York and SF are pretty awesome, but I wouldn't want to pay to live in either one. Portland is cool too, but it's a smallish country/college town and not all comparable to the DFW metroplex. They have a cool zoo and the downtown is nice and compact.

I like Chicago & DC better than Seattle or Portland. I'm not a huge Miami or Florida fan, but I'd take Miami or Ft Lauderdale over Irvine or Long Beach any day. And coatal NE is awesome if you can handle the cold.

Last edited by TheOverdog; 08-05-2014 at 10:19 AM..

Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

3,502 posts, read 2,664,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I'd be interested in hearing some of your favorite metros.
I have been in most large and medium city in the U.S. my list would be in this order: Monterey/Carmel, Santa Barbara, NYC, SF, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, DC, Fort Lauderdale, and Savannah.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:22 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I have been in most large and medium city in the U.S. my list would be in this order: Monterey/Carmel, Santa Barbara, NYC, SF, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, DC, Fort Lauderdale, and Savannah.
Come on Carmel's population is less than 5K and Monterey is what 30K?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:46 PM

13 posts, read 22,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Don't laugh but for some reason Dallas seems more cosmopolitan imo. From a cultural aspect again I like Dallas more. I absolutely love Fair Park with all the museums and cultural things. The population is far more diverse which for me is very important. San Diego is nice with sunshine and all but I like 4 seasons. Living somewhere where the temperature remains the same year around seems a little boring. San Diego is not a bad city at all, just way too expensive and not my cup of tea. For a large major city like Dallas it sure is nice to see real estate that's so reasonably priced compared to most large cities including San Diegos'.
Dallas is "more diverse" than San Diego?

I've only driven though Texas and I beg to differ.

What is your definition of "diverse"? Baptist vs. Methodist? Oh wait, Catholic (latino).
I'm FROM San Diego- thank you for visiting.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 PM

19,799 posts, read 18,093,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison1975 View Post

What is your definition of "diverse"? Baptist vs. Methodist? Oh wait, Catholic (latino).
That's funny and all but the other guy was right.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 AM

78 posts, read 101,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc_everything View Post
Sacramento? Really?
Yes, Sacramento...for sentimental reasons. All the other cities I mentioned are just awesome.

Quote:

Yes, Dallas is more diverse than San Diego in all manners. San Diego is overwhelmingly White. "Driving through" Texas is not the same as living in DFW.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:

The population of Dallas is more diverse.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:20 AM

110 posts, read 254,872 times
Please don't burst Madison1975's bubble. This is one of the few Californians that hasn't moved here yet. Let's keep it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas