Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 AM

146 posts, read 437,502 times

Advertisements

Ugh...I couldnt resist and I couldnt find anyone to discuss this matter with since I've been here. But someone tell me, what is up with these guys here?

For one I am multi-racial; Black,Native and White (in that %). I am into several types of guys and go along accordingly. Now, I have been here for a few months and I am pretty much done with dating the Hispanic men in DFW area. I came here excited to meet up with some of these cute Mexican men around here and it has been nothing of what I thought.

I have found pretty much all of the Mexican men here to be to be very complicated and un-realiable when it comes down to friendships/dating. They are nice, generous and sociable at first, but then they get either extremely jealous when you even speak to another man in a nightclub that they may have something against (as if I knew, I just moved here!) or they are extremely passive-aggressive. Im just not going to socialize anymore because it feels like I'm walking on thin ice when Im around them. I have had several Mexican men in Dallas/Ftw stop talking to me cold turkey, for the trivialest reasons. And then later on tell me it was because of such and such. They hold on to the grudge forever and will never hangout with you again or even try to be cool again over that one little issue. Even the ones who arent that extreme are just flaky, or just cant be straight-forward about anything. It has been a headahce trying to interact with the ones I have met.

I came thinking I'd find nice Mexican guys to hangout with in DFW but it has been an experience I will NOT continue with. At this point I just keep it real platonic...like I said they are nice and friendly at first so when Im in the store, at the gym, or elsewhere we deal in a respect way. They are good people but I dont know if its the culture but I never had to deal with this **** in Florida. In fact, the area of Florida Im from its uncommon to meet Mexicans so I havent had much interaction until now. And until Frankie J comes along one of these days, I'll keep it that way

Last edited by HotWire; 04-02-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
Ugh...I couldnt resist and I couldnt find anyone to discuss this matter with since I've been here. But someone tell me, what is up with these guys here?

For one I am multi-racial; Black,Native and White (in that %). I am into several types of guys and go along accordingly. Now, I have been here for a few months and I am pretty much done with dating the Hispanic men in DFW area. I came here excited to meet up with some of these cute Mexican men around here and it has been nothing of what I thought.

I have found pretty much all of the Mexican men here to be to be very complicated and un-realiable when it comes down to friendships/dating. They are nice, generous and sociable at first, but then they get either extremely jealous when you even speak to another man in a nightclub that they may have something against (as if I knew, I just moved here!) or they are extremely passive-aggressive. Im just not going to socialize anymore because it feels like I'm walking on thin ice when Im around them. I have had several Mexican men in Dallas/Ftw stop talking to me cold turkey, for the trivialest reasons. And then later on tell me it was because of such and such. They hold on to the grudge forever and will never hangout with you again or even try to be cool again over that one little issue. Even the ones who arent that extreme are just flaky, or just cant be straight-forward about anything. It has been a headahce trying to interact with the ones I have met.

I came thinking I'd find nice Mexican guys to hangout with in DFW but it has been an experience I will NOT continue with. At this point I just keep it real platonic...like I said they are nice and friendly at first so when Im in the store, at the gym, or elsewhere we deal in a respect way. They are good people but I dont know if its the culture but I never had to deal with this **** in Florida. In fact, the area of Florida Im from its uncommon to meet Mexicans so I havent had much interaction until now. And until Frankie J comes along one of these days, I'll keep it that way
Wow. Nice racist post there Hot Wire.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,994,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
How do you know that she was trying to be "racist"? She just sounds frustrated to me, not racist. I find it hard to believe that every mexican american that you meet would be like that. you've got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince, you know.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 AM

681 posts, read 2,358,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
No, sounds more like stereotyping. Just as some guys think all women are shallow and money-grubbing some CD posters think Dallas folk are all anti-gay evangelical Baptists.

OP - I agree with wehotex. Not all Mexican guys are going to act this way. Keep the faith up! Maybe once you settle in and get to know more people, you'll meet up with someone worth dating.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Her profile says it all. 21 years old. So she's dealing w/ 20-25 year old kids.

First, you are outnumbered ratio wise. Second, the guys you're looking for are the type you're attracting.

I think if you narrow your search parameters you'll find fewer and fewer jerks. Also, age (theirs mroe than yours) has a lot to do with it as well.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
HIS profile you mean.

Um, Hotwire, you LIVE IN MIAMI now. At least according to one of your threads in the parenting forum - Would you charge your college son/daughter while living with you?.

When you DID live in this area you were IN Arlington.

Based on all of your posts in the past I'd say your hanging out in areas that are DRAWING that type of person and the others that you have complained about.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 AM

358 posts, read 1,075,082 times
Hotwire,

Perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror. I don't mean that to be nasty, but I believe that people treat you the way you allow them to. If you act respectable, you will be treated that way. Also, why not broaden your horizens? Why limit yourself to dating one segment of the population when there are so many beautiful men to choose from? You may be pleasantly surprised at what great men are out there.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
If you are gay, it is because most are still in the closet and very insecure. Mexican culture hates gay people.

From my experiences yes they are unreliable and passive aggressive even in friendships. Yes, it is part of their culture if they are unsure or insecure about you or themselves, they will treat you that way. It is very frustrating .

If they see you are the lone wolf or new to town they will snub you. Or they may not be into dating which is real common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post

Last edited by artsyguy; 04-02-2009 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM

That is a lie. Blacks were not treated with respect in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Jews were not treated with respect in Europe circa 1930-1944. Open homosexuals were not treated with respect for many decades.

Discrimination runs deep in certain cultures. If they are passive aggressive that means they don't want to get to know you and or are not interested in you as a person. Is that rude? Heck yes, of course it is. It has nothing to do with the OP or person complaining of being disrespected. Some people are just disrespectful, rude, passive aggressive, arrogant, etc. That is seen far more in the gay culture or backward hick cultures, hence the reason why it is better to travel around the country or state until you find the right culture of people to mingle with.

Mexican people don't always like black or mixed. Their families want them to date Catholic Mexican women only. Therefore, they could be discriminating against the OP who I assume is gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy24kids View Post
Hotwire,

Perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror. I don't mean that to be nasty, but I believe that people treat you the way you allow them to. If you act respectable, you will be treated that way. Also, why not broaden your horizens? Why limit yourself to dating one segment of the population when there are so many beautiful men to choose from? You may be pleasantly surprised at what great men are out there.

Last edited by artsyguy; 04-02-2009 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM

Saying to "take a long look in the mirror" is pretty rude if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy24kids View Post
Hotwire,

Perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror. I don't mean that to be nasty,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas