Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 156,119 times

Advertisements

I'm very new here in North Dallas and would love to attend a game. However, I don't yet have a car and it doesn't appear that Dart has any routes that go there. Any suggestions for me to get to a game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 11:37 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
There aren't public transportation options, unless you consider a cab public transportation. Arlington has all it's discretionary tax dollars allocated to entertainment venues and has no money left for public transportation. With the price of tickets and parking at the new stadium, I'm guessing they're targeting the Mercedes/BMW crowd anyhow. LOL! Sorry, I'm just really annoyed at the obnoxious prices and will not spend my consumer dollars to subsidize the babies that both play and manage the Cowboys.

I personally prefer Hockey, so I'll go to more hockey games instead. The money we save on parking/tickets to a hockey game will be spent at a nice restaurant downtown and for DART Rail tickets. By the way, if you're new the AA Center is also where the Maverick's play. There's a DART station very near to the arena.

Brian

Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
If you dont have a car you probably can't afford a ticket to the game. They are charging $300+ for a nose bleed seat there.

And then they wouldnt make the $40 off of you for parking. Jerry can't have that. he needs that extra $40 per car.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 AM

interesting replies. thanks! being new here and a bit of a football fan, would love to see the 49rs/cowboys game. It looks like they have a party pass (whatever that is) for $30. Is this not correct?

was thinking, could take the rail to the airport, catch a hotel shuttle from the airport, rent a room, then maybe there's a shuttle from a hotel?

does this sound logical?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
That $30 party pass is not a ticket that has a seat. He started selling these "party" type tickets for STANDING ROOM ONLY. So you will be crowded into an area somewhere w/ others and only allowed to stand. No seating at all.

Hotels don't typically tie up their shuttles to take guests to a heavy traffic area as bad as what it will be around there. There is a motel across the street from the parking that you could stay at and walk to the game. Still in Arlington and still not public transit to get you to the actual hotel/motel.

DART will have some areas for "park and ride" to some of the games. Might see where one of those will be located that is convienent for you to get to. Should be near a DART park and ride lot and DART rail station.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM

okay, you guys have talked me out of it. What a pain it is. I would think they would be more accomodating, but apparently they don't need to be. Maybe I'll just find a little sports bar to watch the game on tv, assuming the games are televised here?

thanks to all responses. Especially for the explanation for the party pass. Doesn't sound too appealing.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 102,671 times
I'm coming into town from Boston for the Carolina game and I'm staying down in Dallas near Market Center. I've been to a few games in the past and have always had a great time and I'm sure I will this time.

I was hoping not to have to rent a car but that is the only option for getting to the game. Getting to Texas Stadium wasn't bad, you just find a side lot that's charging much less and you walk the distance tothe stadium.
I'm hoping businesses in and around the stadium will open their lots to Cowboys Fans who don't mind walking a little ways to get to the stadium.
While I realize ticket prices are high, $29 for standing room is pretty cheap compared to $50 for the Patriots.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,713 times
Ok I looked it up here...

Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants at StubHub!

The cheapest seat is $160 and thats in the top of the stadium. You will need binoculars to see the game. The best seats in the house are $14,995 for the lower center. Most of the decent seats are abotu $400-$600 each! If your paying $15k for a football game then you are a complete nut job or your so rich money doesnt matter.

Spend the money on a nice new HD TV and watch it at home.

Last edited by DaveG99; 08-05-2009 at 12:40 PM..

Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
You can forget parking ANYWHERE near the new stadium that is not "official" parking. The area it is in is HIGHLY congested w/ Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor, restaurants, apartments, etc. They have already shown on the news around here the "NO PARKING" signs and showing cars getting towed. I wouldn't chance it in a million years. Getting a rental car towed would be a PITA, imho. You'd have to pay cab fare to wherever the car was towed to and most likely to some FAR OFF place in the middle of nowhere in a bad part of town. Good luck finding a place that will let you park and not get your car towed in the area now.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 102,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Ok I looked it up here...

[URL="http://www.stubhub.com/dallas-cowboys-tickets/cowboys-vs-giants-dallas-cowboys-new-stadium-788445/"]Dallas Cowboys vs New York Giants at StubHub![/URL]

The cheapest seat is $160 and thats in the top of the stadium.
I paid $169 for my ticket and I'm between the 30 and 40 yard lines.

I enjoy football and this will be 1 of 3 trips for football I take this year. The others are Patriots @ Colts and Cowboys @ Saints. I've been Boston for 6yrs now and have never been to a Patriots home game.

if and when I make my way to Dallas, I'll probably pick up season tickets and try to attend on a regular basis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas