Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM

177 posts, read 857,936 times

Advertisements

I live in an apartment. And I see so many people who conveniently let their dogs use the parks, walkways. And don't even care to pick up after their dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM

308 posts, read 1,232,982 times
Try living in East Dallas. Just about everyone has a dog and walks it by your yard and a good percentage don't pick up. It's a shame that some people have no respect.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM

362 posts, read 1,720,357 times
Something I have been baffled by as well.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 AM

670 posts, read 3,000,826 times
On another forum I asked this. People seem to think it's "fertilizer" and dog crap is NOT good fertilizer. I google'd it a few months ago and it's pretty toxic.

Now that's what their "excuse" was when I asked, I think the "reason" is really because they are lazy. My girlfriend's complex up until recently would fine you $25 if one of the apartment management saw you leave dog poop (they changed management companies and I don't know if the new one does that).

Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,285,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
On another forum I asked this. People seem to think it's "fertilizer" and dog crap is NOT good fertilizer. I google'd it a few months ago and it's pretty toxic.

Now that's what their "excuse" was when I asked, I think the "reason" is really because they are lazy. My girlfriend's complex up until recently would fine you $25 if one of the apartment management saw you leave dog poop (they changed management companies and I don't know if the new one does that).
You used the correct word.......LAZY!! I might add another......uncouth.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:31 PM

87 posts, read 315,804 times
In the community where we're living now, they've installed a few of those doggie pickup stations with bags and a bin and I think it's helping a lot, I don't see any dog poo around.
In the community we were living in previously, there was a homeowner who would leave dog poo in their yard for weeks, literally until the whole yard was covered, before picking up. And it wouldn't matter since it's their own yard except that it was a creek lot with a short, see-through fence, along a walking trail everyone took walks on. Some days the whole lawn would be covered in poo. And they had a beautiful, upscale home (~700K). I guess some people just don't mind it as much as we do.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
there are some companies that come in and pick up pet poo--like a maid service--with enough clients you can make some money...
think having the dump stations would be helpful--sometimes it is difficult to dispose of dog poop even in plastic bag where it does not really stink...

but guess basically it is because nothing happens to them--
technically it is littering violation if your dog does it on someone's lawn and you don't pick it up but there are no traffic cops policing residential streets for that...

Old 06-23-2008, 12:38 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,525,481 times
A whole lawn covered in poo? Gross!!

I can't answer your question though, I'm a cat person and we clean up their "stuff" once a day.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,719,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
there are some companies that come in and pick up pet poo--like a maid service--with enough clients you can make some money...

That's an uber-desperate way to make money. I always said I'll never clean anyone else's **** up except for my own. And my dogs'. In the back yard I just run it over with the mulch mower. Wal-Mart bags are good for the dog doo in the front yard, esp if you go grocery shopping there- you can wind up with hundreds of them. All you have to do is open it up under it while it's squatting, then tie it up and take it back to the outdoor trash can at the house. No mess, but Dachshunds & short dogs can be more tricky. And if it's trash night in the neighborhood, you can discreetly shove the Wal-Mart bag into someone's big trash bag on the curb.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
we use the plastic wrapper for the newspaper--put your hand in it--pick up the poo--pull it down from the top trapping the results and tie it off--
it is long enough that if your pet has a second opportunity, there is usually room in the bag for double effort...
those grocery/wal-mart plastic bags are too wide for my liking...I perfer to be at arm's length from it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas