Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wish you had T.O.?
Yes 12 37.50%
No 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:16 AM

859 posts, read 2,123,389 times

Advertisements

My question is, who are they going to replace him with? Better question who can they REALISTICALLY replace him with? Nobody that I can see. Romo is the best we have. We can't trade him, we already gave up draft picks for Roy, and team that we could get draft picks for would want our best i.e. Felix Jones, Jason Witten etc. and Jerry is too stubborn to admit his "general manager" decisions have been wrong. So Cowboys fan, love him or hate him Romo is our guy for the next several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 10:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,229,961 times
I agree, I think the Cowboys are stuck with him. Maybe he'll turn out okay, but I have my doubts. I prefer college ball anyway.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM

6,831 posts, read 14,075,843 times
I think TO got more blame than he deserved. It's a fact that the Cowboys won win he was involved in the offense. Romo started believing his press clippings and has regressed every since. He has no idea what the term "ball security" means. The Cowboys have no true leaders on offense or defense. It pains me to say that they are sliding down the hill every game. The main problem is none of the great coaches who are available is going to work for Jerry Jones. The Cowboys will hit rock bottom by the end of next year. This truly saddens this lifelong Cowboy fan.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 PM

20,530 posts, read 33,629,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I think TO got more blame than he deserved. It's a fact that the Cowboys won win he was involved in the offense. Romo started believing his press clippings and has regressed every since. He has no idea what the term "ball security" means. The Cowboys have no true leaders on offense or defense. It pains me to say that they are sliding down the hill every game. The main problem is none of the great coaches who are available is going to work for Jerry Jones. The Cowboys will hit rock bottom by the end of next year. This truly saddens this lifelong Cowboy fan.
What makes you think it will wait to next year? It might happen THIS year. today's win was pure crap. We went to overtime against the 0-4 Chiefs. That is unacceptable IMO. Too many penalties (it's time to cut Flozell Adams or play Doug Free more, folks). Our defense cannot make a play to save their lives. I'm running out of patience with Terence Newman.

Quote:
And yet Romo left him high and dry.
Explain this, FreshFresh.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,953,420 times
With that many penalties it comes back on the COACHES!!!! You can't blame 1 or 2 players for 8-9 STUPID penalties. It is the coaches fault for not having a lick of discipline. If the coaches are dysfunctional and unorganized it flows down to the players and onto the field. THAT is what we are seeing. You are correct that no coach that is worth having will come play w/ Jerry Jones in charge. We are stuck with him. Therefore, we are going to see the bottom for a long time. If Jerry would get off his friggin high and mighty high-horse and admit he can not be an EFFECTIVE owner AND GM and hire a GM that is allowed to do his job. And then get a coach that DEMANDS respect and has great discipline and can whip the players into shape. All without Jerry butting his shiny face in. Right now the only coaches Jerry will hire are ones that he can control like a puppet. That is how and why we are stuck w/ Coach Cupcake.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 AM

859 posts, read 2,123,389 times
^I agree... They didn't broadcast the game in Atlanta, so I only saw the highlights and post-game, but could someone tell me why Romo, Jerry et al. seemed a bit too excited about winning in OVERTIME against a winless KC team?!?!?...ooooh I pray for the days of a Jimmy Johnson type coached football team to return *sigh*

Old 10-12-2009, 09:34 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,953,420 times
I do have to say that I have been following the Colts this season as have some close friends that are all diehard Cowboys fans. The reason, #27 . He is from Garland and was the QB at Naaman Forest HS. He then went to OSU and defended against the likes of Crabtree (loser) and other great running backs on the college level as DB. He was not drafted and walked onto the Colts and MADE THE ROSTER!!!!! WOO-HOO!!! We know his parents (GREAT family ) and they have raised one heck of a great son that is turning out to be a wonderful young man with a good head on his shoulders. The Colts have DISCIPLINE!!!!! Therefore, they have a team that is winning and thriving and players that act like a TEAM!!! None of them have the big head that they are the one and only STAR player for the team. This is the type of team the Cowboys ONCE had back before the days of Jerry Jones.

GREAT GAME ONCE AGAIN JACOB!!!!!! You almost had that interception Keep on breaking up those plays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas