Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 08:46 AM

18 posts, read 61,728 times

Advertisements

I will be in the DFW area this next week. I am looking for a salon or spa that I can become a regular at. I live in the tyler area and I don't trust anyone here with my hair. I have very long hair ( past my rear-end .) And besides trims I get it cut very rarely. Therefore I need someone great I can trust with my hair. If anyone can let me know of some great places I would appreciate that. Also if they might be good colorists too. I am thinking of some highlights, maybe.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 09:34 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,098 times
Toni and Guy are going to have some of the best colorist and hair cutters.

I understand where you are coming from, my sister too and her family would go from Lufkin to Houston to Toni and Guy and get their hair done every month. That is how particular they are.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 AM

4 posts, read 17,985 times
Hayley at Daireds Salon in Arlington. Awesome.Daireds Salon and Spa Pangéa

Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 AM

22 posts, read 163,620 times
Honestly, the best stylist I've EVER had has been Melody at the Rockwall Salon. We went to Jean Phillipe's, which is supposed to be one of the best in the entire country, and they gave me the same D@*& cut I've had forever even though I asked them to give me a new look.

I always go to Melody and tell her to do what she thinks is best. I go in with a basic idea like "I want to go a little shorter, but add a little funk" and she runs with it. I always walk out ecstatic with the results. I take my daughter there too who has extremely thick hair. Melody thins her out perfectly and lets her actually have stylish hair.

She's awesome. I love her.

Rockwall Salons - Salon Suites in Rockwall Texas - Now Leasing!!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 30,280 times
Default Kristin at Avalon!

I have been going to Kristin at Avalon Salon (across the street from SMU campus) for a long time now. She is amazing and her prices are not outrageous like you will find at most salons here in Dallas. I get compliments on my haircut all of the time. I go to Melissa for my color at the same place. She has been the only colorist to truly get my hair a chocolate brown! I love them both. Be sure to tell them Marina sent you!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
I 2nd Toni and Guy....they are excellent. Not cheap, but very good.

If you go to the one in Willow Bend (Plano off the Tollway), ask for Gabby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas