Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:15 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yes, I know...coincidentally, they are in states with large populations of former Californians. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the CA economic refugees get their way and get one here in Dallas, even though the last thing one of America's fattest cities needs is yet another burger joint.
They're only in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and I believe there is one in New Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 PM

4 posts, read 19,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelle93 View Post
Does anyone know where in Dallas I can get a burger like In-N-Out burger or better? Thanks.
Mooyah or Five Guys Burger come closest....both use fresh (never frozen) ingredients like In-N-Out Burger.

Others like Twisted Root, Angry Dog, Kellers have good ratings (appeals to Texans) but in my opinion no way close to In-N-Out Burger.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM

80 posts, read 248,013 times
Mooyah's is the closest thing to In & Out that this native Californian has come across.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,226 times
I don't get why/how I&O is good. I've ate there at least once a week for my first month in Irvine, and I'd take Twister Root or JRs over I&O any day. I'm sure I'll find some other unique burger joints here which are better than I&O. (Irvine, CA)

edit to add CA.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:32 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastervic27 View Post
Mooyah or Five Guys Burger come closest....both use fresh (never frozen) ingredients like In-N-Out Burger.

Others like Twisted Root, Angry Dog, Kellers have good ratings (appeals to Texans) but in my opinion no way close to In-N-Out Burger.
did you know that angry dog makes everything from scratch? And when I say everything I mean everything like sauces, ice cream, even home made rootbeer!

In-Out is fast food. It doesnt even compare to twisted root. Twisted root is owned by three chefs not a fast food corporation.

In-Out is like comparing taco bell to Javiers for mexican food. Its not even in the same class.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
I'd stay away from Jake's. I've never had a burger so rubbery and over cooked in my life. It had very little flavor and the poppy seed bun was annoying.

5 Guys is pretty good. Mooyah is alright.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
I think Smashburger is better than Mooyah or 5 Guys.

Mooyah is good, just too greesy. 5 Guys was a more expensive Braums (I like them both, but for the money, Ill be going to Braums).

Old 04-19-2010, 08:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I'd stay away from Jake's. I've never had a burger so rubbery and over cooked in my life. It had very little flavor and the poppy seed bun was annoying.

5 Guys is pretty good. Mooyah is alright.
The service at Jake's is horrible, like they are doing you a favor by even allowing you to sit at a table. The last time I went the waitress actually rolled her eyes at me when I asked for a refill after looking at an empty cup for 10 minutes.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
I guess everyone has different taste and different experiences. I have never had a bad experience at Jakes and I love their special burger.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:48 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The service at Jake's is horrible, like they are doing you a favor by even allowing you to sit at a table. The last time I went the waitress actually rolled her eyes at me when I asked for a refill after looking at an empty cup for 10 minutes.
Yes, there is the terrible service as well. I was also a little confused when I was asked to sign a form verifying my ID or something? Kinda strange but eh... whatever. I must also say their beer selection is terrible. Don't get me wrong, Shiner Bock is a good beer, but why does it have to be the only non BMC option?

Someone also mentioned Smash Burger. I tried them not too long ago and wasn't a fan. They used too much mustard and something else on the burger gave it an odd taste. I'd be willing to try them again and maybe order the burger modified a bit, or try a different type of burger. They're also very expensive.

I just had a look at the Twisted Root site and I think I will try them soon. I love a good Buffalo burger. There is a brewery in San Diego, CA called Stone who has this type of burger on their menu. I've had it half a dozen times and it's great! I'm hoping Twisted Root will be just as good. Do they use local, sustainable product?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas