Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 AM

32 posts, read 81,193 times

Advertisements

Please anyone chime in with any possible information you have about this property. I don't want to drive all the way there and it just be horrible. I don't have a lot of money for gas etc.

1323 Imperial Ct
Troy, OH 45373
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM

28 posts, read 58,847 times
My Grandma lived here for several years. She hasn't lived in the complex for at least 5 years so I cannot comment on how good the area is now.

As far as Troy goes, it's about 35/40 minutes North of Dayton. There are several restaurants across town but as far as that direct area it's in a neighborhood on the Northeast side of Troy. Definitely not desolute, I grew up on the street over so it's mostly middle class families and a few apartments here and there.

Do you have a car? Will you be working in Troy? You can get to most of everything Troy offers in about 10-15 minutes.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:43 PM

That sounds awesome. How was the complex when your grandmother lived there. Were the apartments clean etc. I work from home so I will be bringing my job with me.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 PM

bumping for anyone else with familiarity

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 PM

116 posts, read 212,880 times
Troy is a good town north of Dayton for people who want to work in Shelby county say Piqua or Sidney. Troy has a good school district. Upper valley is a good hospital and the northern areas of Ohio are developing rapidly. I would say its also good for people who work in Dayton or its southern suburbs, if you don't mind a little commute since you won't be dealing with traffic (which is in the opposite direction).

Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 PM

Thank you Codexone and DaytonGuy. From talking to some other people, Troy seems like a good area but that apartment complex looks like it might be sketchy on google maps. It looks to be surrounded by nice middle class places, but the place itself looks like windows might be busted out and there might be some other issues. Also, not enough people on here seem to know about it which kind of sucks.

I've been burned too many times driving 4+ hours only to find a slum or cockroaches or doors falling off or something. Though it seems like a good special, I think I'm just going to have to pass and keep trying to find something where I am.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:51 AM

28 posts, read 58,847 times
Yea, to be honest when my Grandma lived there I was too young to really understand the huge difference between a good area and bad area, but there was always something about it that made you feel uneasy.

Driving past there as an adult, the area does look pretty run down and not too appealing on the eyes. I feel like if I ever moved back to Troy that wouldn't be an option. I will say though Troy is a nice town, lots of up and coming things happening. They are really trying to revitalize it and attract people. Not sure what the going rate for those apartments where but it may also not hurt to checkout other rates in town.

Also, I noticed you where checking in the Oxford area as well. Have you thought of the Southern Dayton areas? You can find some pretty good deals in Kettering, Centerville and Miamisburg.

Good luck!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,164,539 times
Actually did a look-up on the address, and I'm familiar with the area. That is where our family vet is located.

I have not received the impression that the area is particularly bad nor particularly good. It does seem stable, and I doubt you should have any major issues. The only issue I see with those apartments is their location - the area is at the "edge of nowhere", way out on the outskirts of Troy and a good drive from anything useful. The better location for apartments are on the western edge of town around Dorset drive.

Apartment cleanliness is a whole different issue - don't know what to tell you

Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonGuy View Post
Yea, to be honest when my Grandma lived there I was too young to really understand the huge difference between a good area and bad area, but there was always something about it that made you feel uneasy.

Driving past there as an adult, the area does look pretty run down and not too appealing on the eyes. I feel like if I ever moved back to Troy that wouldn't be an option. I will say though Troy is a nice town, lots of up and coming things happening. They are really trying to revitalize it and attract people. Not sure what the going rate for those apartments where but it may also not hurt to checkout other rates in town.

Also, I noticed you where checking in the Oxford area as well. Have you thought of the Southern Dayton areas? You can find some pretty good deals in Kettering, Centerville and Miamisburg.

Good luck!
Thank you Dayton Guy and OHKid. That information does help me feel more clear on things. I know cleanliness is so hard to figure out from a distance unless someone knows the property for sure. Cleanliness is a huge issue for me and a total deal breaker, so even learning a bit about the surrounding area gives me some clues.

Thank you also for the other town suggestions. I think I might do some looking throughout other parts of Ohio, so your suggestions are really helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton