Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times

Advertisements

You guys are gonna LOVE the ChocoVine....but keep in mind regardless of how smooth it goes down, it leaves a nasty headache if you drink too much. It's better for those occasional times when you just want a little glass of something special. It's not a party drinking wine for sure.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:31 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,019,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
OH OH OH!! My daughter just told me that she's bought ChocoVine at Sam's in the past. I've shared my Margaritas-in-a-Bag with her but she never told me about ChocoVine????? Hrmph!
What hospital is she in?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You guys are gonna LOVE the ChocoVine....but keep in mind regardless of how smooth it goes down, it leaves a nasty headache if you drink too much. It's better for those occasional times when you just want a little glass of something special. It's not a party drinking wine for sure.
I still say... but I'll try it. it's more of a gag than anything, I'm jsut afraid I'll be the one gagging.

have you ever tried it over ice cream?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,444,764 times
All this talk of Chocovine ... thought someone might enjoy this:

1 part Vodka
2 parts coffee liqueur (like Kahlua, I make my own )
3 parts Chocovine
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
Pulse in a blender with a large scoop of ice, blend until smooth.

First time I had this, my friend sprinkled little pieces of dark chocolate on top.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I still say... but I'll try it. it's more of a gag than anything, I'm jsut afraid I'll be the one gagging.

have you ever tried it over ice cream?
No Camper....it's not a gagger at all! It has this rich taste to it...almost like a liqueur. The chocolate is more of an aftertaste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
All this talk of Chocovine ... thought someone might enjoy this:

1 part Vodka
2 parts coffee liqueur (like Kahlua, I make my own )
3 parts Chocovine
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
Pulse in a blender with a large scoop of ice, blend until smooth.

First time I had this, my friend sprinkled little pieces of dark chocolate on top.
Copied this down. My daughter wants to make it this weekend!! Thanks Gand! PS: We sure do miss you around here!

Old 10-25-2011, 08:12 AM

Once the bottle is opened how long is it good? and how do you tell if it's gone bad?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Once the bottle is opened how long is it good? and how do you tell if it's gone bad?
Like any other wine, as long as it's in the fridge, it is fine. It doesn't have a MILK base. It isn't like chocolate milk with liquor in it. It is a wine with a dark chocolate flavor, not sweet at all. I think you'll really be surprised how good it tastes.

-----------------------------
Went to Walmart this morning to buy another coffee pot. I was going to buy a nice one, but they had some cheap ones on sale for $8.64!!! So, I bought one of those instead. I just made a pot and it tastes as good as it did from the expensive pot I had....so I'm happy with my choice.

I hate not being able to eat sweets from now until the holidays begin. (11/24 for me.) I did buy some pumpkin shaped sugar cookies for my daughter to bake and decorate with Izzy. I won't be tempted with those.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 AM

I salute you Glory. So are you just giving up sweets like cookies and snacks or sugar all together??

My fingers are sooo soar. I just peeled ALL the wall paper trim from the motor home. It was starting to peel and looked bad ( to me anyway, didn't bother hubby at all...). Just put a blow dryer to it and with a BUNCH of pulling, it slides right off. Just clean up the edges and you would never know it was there.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I salute you Glory. So are you just giving up sweets like cookies and snacks or sugar all together??

My fingers are sooo soar. I just peeled ALL the wall paper trim from the motor home. It was starting to peel and looked bad ( to me anyway, didn't bother hubby at all...). Just put a blow dryer to it and with a BUNCH of pulling, it slides right off. Just clean up the edges and you would never know it was there.
I avoid any sweets (pie/cake/cookies/candy bars) the month before the holidays start....so I don't look like a cow by the time the holidays are over. I'll still gain a few pounds, but not 20.

I redid the wallpaper on the last motorhome my parents had with contact paper. There is a fruit design, sort of Italian looking, that my mom liked. I also covered all her saved coffee cans (for food storage) with the same paper. It was fun and easy.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times
I got Queenie four costumes this year: Skunk, Skeleton, Pumpkin and Pig.

She's not at all thrilled about any of them. In fact, she was downright mortified -- so I couldnt get good photos.

Here's the skunk.

I'll get her used to them before the kids come trick-or-treating. She gets to answer the door in one of the costumes.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w6/texasfirewheel/QueenieSkunkCostume3.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff