Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,453,950 times

Advertisements

I agree with Glory about young dogs, Wurzig. Although I taught dog obedience for 25+ years and can housetrain dogs and solve pretty much all dog problems, I dont want to have to deal with those issues myself any more. That's one of the reasons that i adopt older rescue dogs (7-8 years old and even older). The rescue groups have ensured that the dog is housebroken and has manners before being adopted out-- and older dogs are way past the chewing, pooping in the house and running out the door stage anyway.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-04-2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
You must be very proud of her and I'm so glad she has survived..... Where were the injuries? How long ago? You must have been out of your mind with worry.....
I hate to discuss too much about it on a public forum. I'll send you a DM.

Last edited by TFW46; 11-04-2011 at 01:14 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Love that mailbox, Glory!

And, Camper, I know you mentioned that Daily's now has a Lemonade drink-in-a-bag -- but I didnt realize that it has liquor in it. I got some today and yummy!!

I'm not sure which is my favorite now: Pomegranate Margarita (omygosh let me die with that taste on my lips) or Lemonade.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,842,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Today, I received an item I ordered during 1saleaday's recent "Flash Sale", and I'm a bit miffed. It's a Medis Power Pack (similar to this item) and it sounded like a good deal.

Unfortunately, the kit has an expiration date -- of December, 2009! Since it's a one-use-only kit, I have no way of testing it and won't know if it works until I actually try it -- and the only reason I'd try it would be in an emergency. So when the lights go off, I may -- or may not -- have an emergency power charger.

(And, no, the expiration date wasn't mentioned in the original ad.)

Pfffttttt!

Just wanted to update this -- I contacted 1saleaday.com and they shipped out a replacement kit. It arrived yesterday and ..... its expiration date was AUGUST, 2009!!!!!

I give up .....

Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,019,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Love that mailbox, Glory!

And, Camper, I know you mentioned that Daily's now has a Lemonade drink-in-a-bag -- but I didnt realize that it has liquor in it. I got some today and yummy!!

I'm not sure which is my favorite now: Pomegranate Margarita (omygosh let me die with that taste on my lips) or Lemonade.
I had to give them up for awhile. My teeth were getting really sensitive. I have a problem with that anyway. About time to start up again...

Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,019,232 times
Quote:
Just wanted to update this -- I contacted 1saleaday.com and they shipped out a replacement kit. It arrived yesterday and ..... its expiration date was AUGUST, 2009!!!!!

I give up .....
Contact them again and tell them you post on a public forum...

Old 11-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to update this -- I contacted 1saleaday.com and they shipped out a replacement kit. It arrived yesterday and ..... its expiration date was AUGUST, 2009!!!!!I give up .....
Oh no, Dark! I'm so sorry. Obviously, that entire supply must have been outdated. Sometimes I wonder if they actually have all their merchandise on hand or if it's located elsewhere (like in the original seller's warehouse) and drop-shipped. In this case, they werent aware that probably all of it is outdated.

Please dont give up. Request a refund. They really do have a history of making things right.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:04 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Got home from work a little early. Showered, ate dinner, am posting....and then will sleep in the lovely cool air we seldom get.

My daughter and I are trying to decide which theme park to go to tomorrow. I'm not in the mood, but I have GOT to get out of the house once in awhile. We plan to go around noon and then come home after the first evening parade. I'll let her pick. We'll only have to eat one meal there or maybe a snack meal....so it shouldn't cost too much other than gas. (thinking out loud....LOL)

I'll see you guys tomorrow morning!!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:24 AM

I understand about enjoying the cool weather, Glory. It's been getting down into the 40's the past few nights. Perfect weather if it would only rain...

Have fun at the park! I laughed at your comment "so it shouldn't cost too much other than gas". Did you intentionally use MEAL and GAS in the same sentence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Got home from work a little early. Showered, ate dinner, am posting....and then will sleep in the lovely cool air we seldom get.

My daughter and I are trying to decide which theme park to go to tomorrow. I'm not in the mood, but I have GOT to get out of the house once in awhile. We plan to go around noon and then come home after the first evening parade. I'll let her pick. We'll only have to eat one meal there or maybe a snack meal....so it shouldn't cost too much other than gas. (thinking out loud....LOL)

I'll see you guys tomorrow morning!!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:04 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,237,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
.......... Did you intentionally use MEAL and GAS in the same sentence?
They do come in a combo pack from time to time.

We had decided to go out to one of the parks later in the day. Before we went the plan was to go to Home Depot For some a new hinge hardware I needed for a folding door. While we were there, we started looking at paint. The next thing I know, we were home painting the living/dining room.

I always had 'theme' rooms when the kids were young. We had Old World where I painted old maps on the walls, then Tacky Tiki where I painted palm trees on the walls, then we went Italian. My daughter thought I would be less bored with the house if we did another 'theme'. She picked Moroccan. So here we were with this gorgeous caramel paint and a rich dark purple....plus some new pottery pieces. She is a good artist, so she is doing the wall stenciling. Next payday, we are buying fabric to finish stuff off. I promise to post a pic when we are done.

I'm sore from painting, but she was right. It was fun to do something different. I've let myself get so boring and un-fun. I'm really making an effort to enjoy the day at hand....instead of griping all the time and thinking 'tomorrow' will be better.

HAPPY TIME CHANGING SUNDAY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff