Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times

Advertisements

Hi Everybody! I feel as if I am not back yet......just too much going on here.....

Daughter #2 flew to CO. with my gang last week..(they were in CA. for the previous week)....the week went super-fast....we took her to DIA late Friday......was sad to see her go. The girls had such a great time together......at least they got to see one another before they thought they would......I charge my life away with AMEX, so they used points to do all the flying.....husband said it is taking more and more points to go shorter distances though......sigh...

The heat is taking getting-used-to.....no more ocean breezes for us...... But we love it here...... Here is my latest update for the mosquitos: the neighbor loaned me some lotion that is made by a lady in Boise....all natural, no poison. (I'm senile, did I already write about this?) Anyway, their friends took it to Africa and didn't get any bites. It works. I have ordered some and received it......so, that's my latest on the pests.

Last week, we went to the Budweiser plant, which is about 15 minutes from the house....the girls are 21 now, so we got to sample varoius beers....one is flavored like raspberries (or something), and one is blueberry, (and it's definitely blue!). We're not beer drinkers, but still, it was fun. The Clydesdales are there......such gorgeous animals! They're spoiled, but so beautiful!

We took them to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, so that was a fun day....

AND, we went white water rafting down the Poudre River..III and IV rapids.....it was so much fun! Not that far from here either! We want to do it again! We had a blast!

Mall shopping was fun.....there is a nice one in a town called Broomfield......not super-close to the house, but we are geting used to driving to get to point B.....

Okay, now gotta go look for a patio table.....ours was destroyed in a high wind while we were gone to a birthday dinner on the 21st....the wind caught the open umbrella and broke the table in a zillion pieces.....no more glass tables for us. Welcome to the wild west!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Well, I took too long doing errands with my kid.....he was looking at the stock market when we got back.......guess we won't be buying a table today.....especially not after last week.....
Don't know whether to laugh or cry......sigh...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hello from the dead....well, not really. I've been on a mega-dose of steroids for three weeks now and have gained 20 pounds from fluid retention in that short time. So you can imagine how I'm feeling. blah. I'm going to get caught up on this thread and see whatall's been happening.
Meds! Help one thing cause another.....

Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Thank you, TFW. I feel great. The meds are working on the UTI. I get those things about twice a year. They are usually stress induced.

I feel almost 100% after the surgery. I was very lucky and the surgery was a piece of cake. Rather than a huge Cuban cigar it now looks like I have an Antony & Cleo cigarillo on my throat.

Yes, indeedy, I am a vision of loveliness.
Pretty soon it'll look like a 'butt'.......

Old 08-08-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
HAPPY THURSDAY....Celebrate Kids Day! (as per the CD question of the day!)

TFW....the one time I took steroids, I swore I would never take them again. I can't say I tried all that hard, but I never got back to the size I was when I began to take them. Granted, they saved my life, but my belly size was never the same again.

Ketabcha....GREAT news and I bet you don't look near as rough as you think. In Cyberland you are always in your 30's and hot looking.
I only get UTI's when I take medication. I have to drink tons of water if I'm taking something.

Hope, Camper, Wurzig, OhioGirl, CW, Bob, maureen, moved, lcsd, D&J, sabbytabby, SXMgirl, kentuckydad and ANYONE I just missed.....I hope you have a wonderful day!!
And I hope you are having a good day, too, what with all those curly hairs and painted nails!

Yep, GREAT NEWS for Keta! So glad you are on the mend!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Morning peeps!! I'm off this afternoon again but this time it's the river! Beautiful place and we have 4 awesome days away from this stinking heat!!!!! taking plenty of frozen pouch drinks to keep us cool. Actually had to re stock yesterday. Embarrasses my daughter to death when she goes with me. I must have had a handful of people ask about them, one guy wanted to know what time to be over!!

I wish I could blame my weight gain on the Lyrcia but I think it's the camping That's to blame.
Yea, the weight gain must be from all that 'frozen exercise' you are getting down by the river.....

Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Take it easy TFW

That happens to me when I am on steroids too and it feels like you are going to literally pop like a balloon.
Steroids do good work but man the side effects suck.
I am like Linda Blair when I am on them....

My only problem is I am still blaming the steroids I used in December for my weight gain...LOL

Feel better
I had a fight with my boyfriend and went to the movies and saw it by myself......I think I was 20......my college room mate was not home that night either......I slept with the light on and with one eye open....

Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Wow, Wurzig, what a great time you're having in your new digs. I'm so happy for you!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Here's a little something to make you all go hmmmmmmmmm............

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/pervy-gourd.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Here's a little something to make you all go hmmmmmmmmm............
Girl, I am really starting to worry about you.

Somehow that reminds me... I get to go have my mammies gramed today. Man, the year goes by fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff