Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 05:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Thanks! I love my stars!!

I don't think I'm gonna like this physical therapy bit thou. My arm is KILLING me. The silly man that was working on me was just sitting there yawing for all he was worth, puling and twisting my arm while I'm laying there with tears running down my face. I asked him if my pain wasn't interesting enough for him and he says no, your doing fine!!
Don't they give you pain pills or shots for that?
I'm so sorry you are having to go through this Camper. I really am.

CHEERS to your star!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:16 AM

Where is everyone???????????
I finally have morning off and you guys are still in bed.

Just kidding.
The freebies were a little sparse....so I posted a master list of some specialty catalogs you might enjoy ordering.

I'll be working until 11 PM tonight. I think I'm mentally prepared and have all my snacks packed.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Just kidding.
The freebies were a little sparse....so I posted a master list of some specialty catalogs you might enjoy ordering.

I'll be working until 11 PM tonight. I think I'm mentally prepared and have all my snacks packed.
Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

I got up at 7 and accomplished three major things I have been putting off, all before 11. So I'm sitting here quite pleased with myself. The weather is so beautiful today in north Texas. I could just eat it up but I'm eating breakfast tacos instead.

I got the Bloomberg Business Week magazine yesterday and I am very sure I didn't order it.

And the beat goes on........

Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Happy Tuesday guys! What a beautiful day!! Having a pretty good day myself and hope everyone else is too. The PT I'm doing at home by myself is going pretty good ( I have to really make myself to it though). I actually pulled the pulley up to the first mark once! baby steps, baby steps,,,, I wanna be a big girl again!!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,530,288 times
Quote:

Just kidding.

I was with workers still coming to fix the flood stuff.
We had a dinner party last night and clean-up took until 2:00 a.m.
We had a house guest here that flew out this afternoon.....
And now I am doing laundry, laundry, laundry.....and drinking part of a diet Monster to keep going........sigh.....

Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Happy Tuesday guys! What a beautiful day!! Having a pretty good day myself and hope everyone else is too. The PT I'm doing at home by myself is going pretty good ( I have to really make myself to it though). I actually pulled the pulley up to the first mark once! baby steps, baby steps,,,, I wanna be a big girl again!!
Yep, very familiar with the pulley......my kid has one.......
Good luck, keep at it!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

I got up at 7 and accomplished three major things I have been putting off, all before 11. So I'm sitting here quite pleased with myself. The weather is so beautiful today in north Texas. I could just eat it up but I'm eating breakfast tacos instead.

I got the Bloomberg Business Week magazine yesterday and I am very sure I didn't order it.

And the beat goes on........
Congrats on the chores. I always put off anything having to do with an iron....sigh.....

Maybe you accidentally put a check mark in a box when you were ordering something else?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yep. It was written by Bill Lancaster, Burt Lancaster's son. And the coach, played by Walter Matthau, was based on Burt Lancaster. You have the right movie. The coach was obnoxious, drunk, cussing and a disgrace to the game. But, he whipped those kids into shape. Bill said in an interview that his father behaved in the same manner as the coach. LOL.

Isn't that a hoot? I just love it.

I just recently found out about all of this while watching an A&E Biography of Burt.
Well, at least he made time for his kid, so that's a plus.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The one I bought was the one produced by Christopher Reeve. Not sure how old it is. It doesn't have real people, just the clay-mation type look like Toy Story did. I want to get the two you guys mentioned also. I would like to build him a nice CD collection, but he always wants to take them home and they get lost. It isn't real tidy where he lives.............

Actually, my daughter has a friend from where we used to live who is moving in with her. Therefore, my 18 year old son is ready to come back home, get some good meals, and be able to walk in the front door without tripping over stuff. He's actually pretty easy to live with....so I don't mind.

Gosh, there sure aren't many freebies out there this morning. Hopefully it will pick up during the week.
Christopher Reeve, Superman? His eyes were so blue in that movie! I wonder if they were contacts? So sad.....even his wife died.....

So, is his mom, (you) ready to have him back home?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Christopher Reeve, Superman? His eyes were so blue in that movie! I wonder if they were contacts? So sad.....even his wife died.....

So, is his mom, (you) ready to have him back home?
I didn't know Reeve's wife also died. The movie was dedicated to both of them and I was wondering why. What did she die of? What happened to their kids?

Speaking of kids, yeah, my 18 year old son can always come home. He's still young. I don't mind him living with me as long as he keeps a few rules and doesn't think he can yell at me when he's having a bad day. Other than that, we usually get along real well and he's very clean. I actually miss having someone else to cook for and plan out special snacks. I've eaten so many frozen dinners until I'm ready to do something else. He'll probably change his mind a couple of times before it actually happens.....kids are like that.

I have to go to work shortly, but only for 4 hours. Then I can relax and enjoy my computer/tv time when I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff