Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I have 15 working days until vacation.

Monday is like gravity - it sucks.
I used to say: Monday is hooverville. It sucks! LOL.

I don't say it anymore because I've retired and very little in life is hooverville to me these days.

Although, tonight is close. The storms have hit and the wind blew an 18-wheeler off the highway about 3 miles from my house. The hail is not bad yet. Only dime sized. I'm expecting the electricity to go out any minute. It happens a lot here. My sis and b-i-l gave me a lantern for my birthday to use in just such situations. So, I will be able to read....and all that jazz.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:44 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
There is nothing wrong with griping. I sure did plenty of it when the PO was not delivering my freebies. Better to gripe than get ulcers.

Hang in there if for no other reason than the doors are not hanging.
Your not going to believe this... one of the barn doors is upside down! They wanted their money right away and said they were finished so hubby went out and inspected it. Not five minutes after they left we were standing there talking to to painters looking at teh doors saying what the he--!!!

Now our septic is messing up.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Your not going to believe this... one of the barn doors is upside down! They wanted their money right away and said they were finished so hubby went out and inspected it. Not five minutes after they left we were standing there talking to to painters looking at teh doors saying what the he--!!!

Now our septic is messing up.
The barn doesn't have anything to do with the septic problem, does it? Is it because of all the rain you've had in SA?

The barn problems is a pain but the septic problem is serious business. I hope that can be fixed PDQ.

Now the painters will have to spackle the hinge holes before painting, after the door is reversed. Duh! What were the construction guys thinking? Oh wait a minute. The were not thinking.

I got a new garage door a few years back and the company had to install new tracks for it. Well, the guy installed the tracks but he left his handy-dandy pliers hooked on one track and when he pressed the button the door collapsed. That was a lot of fun. I was without a garage door for 3 days and I had to teach classes those days (couldn' take annual leave) so I never knew if I would come home to a missing lawn mower, edger, spreader and 265 rolls of toilet paper that I had stored on some shelving.....LOL. Nothing was stolen which is somewhat of a miracle. I was going to put the lawn mower in the house but it would not fit through the door. So I covered it with old towels. I guess no one wanted the towels so they didn't look under them. That is an example of life in the not-so-fast lane.

What all that has to do with the current situation, I have no idea. Just rambling again, I guess.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The barn doesn't have anything to do with the septic problem, does it? Is it because of all the rain you've had in SA?

The barn problems is a pain but the septic problem is serious business. I hope that can be fixed PDQ.

Now the painters will have to spackle the hinge holes before painting, after the door is reversed. Duh! What were the construction guys thinking? Oh wait a minute. The were not thinking.

I got a new garage door a few years back and the company had to install new tracks for it. Well, the guy installed the tracks but he left his handy-dandy pliers hooked on one track and when he pressed the button the door collapsed. That was a lot of fun. I was without a garage door for 3 days and I had to teach classes those days (couldn' take annual leave) so I never knew if I would come home to a missing lawn mower, edger, spreader and 265 rolls of toilet paper that I had stored on some shelving.....LOL. Nothing was stolen which is somewhat of a miracle. I was going to put the lawn mower in the house but it would not fit through the door. So I covered it with old towels. I guess no one wanted the towels so they didn't look under them. That is an example of life in the not-so-fast lane.

What all that has to do with the current situation, I have no idea. Just rambling again, I guess.

And all is well is my world again. The barn doors are fixed (), the painters have been put on hold until the weather improves and the septic man just left. We had a clog and it was no charge!! What a beautiful !!!

So how is everyone else doing today??

Last edited by Camper1; 09-22-2009 at 12:23 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,294,072 times
Just came in and it's pouring to beat the band! Lightning, Thunder. What else is new. SSDD

I need a nap and I'm cranky. And I haven't eatin' since last night. Food? Sleep? Food? Sleep? hummmmm.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:41 PM

Food and then sleep. Then more food and more sleep. : )

Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Just came in and it's pouring to beat the band! Lightning, Thunder. What else is new. SSDD

I need a nap and I'm cranky. And I haven't eatin' since last night. Food? Sleep? Food? Sleep? hummmmm.
If I waited that long between eating...I would feel crabby too!

Camper....glad the barn is finally coming together.

I was glad to find some decent freebies today. Sometimes they are far and few between. I forgot to buy coffee when I went to the grocery store after work and I was already in my PJ's before noticing it. Now I am drinking those samples we got a while back from Nescafe.

I'm still chuckling over the Kum & Go Freebie. Sounds like a P*rn film................

Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
OK. I just went into the archive pages so I could give a couple of reviews. It took me forever to find the original threads.

Anybody have a simple way of finding old threads?

Old 09-22-2009, 07:55 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
OK. I just went into the archive pages so I could give a couple of reviews. It took me forever to find the original threads.

Anybody have a simple way of finding old threads?
You can type any words into the 'Search' option up on the tool bar.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
You can type any words into the 'Search' option up on the tool bar.
yeah, good luck with that! I can't ever find what I'm looking for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff