Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,449 times

Advertisements

I been living in Pine hill nj with my son & now husband for years now. We are ready to get outta Jersey Because we just so tired of this state So we figure out our mind.. We wanna move to Delaware.. Seaford Delaware Or Georgetown Delaware.. But befor we go we got to Visit that area its about 2hours away from us. So if anyone fimilar with this area we would love the input.. Thanks

The apartment complexs is: "Seaford Meadows Apartment' & "Georgetown Apartment I"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 07:46 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,186,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseysexyluv View Post
I been living in Pine hill nj with my son & now husband for years now. We are ready to get outta Jersey Because we just so tired of this state So we figure out our mind.. We wanna move to Delaware.. Seaford Delaware Or Georgetown Delaware.. But befor we go we got to Visit that area its about 2hours away from us. So if anyone fimilar with this area we would love the input.. Thanks

The apartment complexs is: "Seaford Meadows Apartment' & "Georgetown Apartment I"
How old is your son?? The Georgetown Middle School is really rough. The High School would be Sussex Central which is great. Seaford's school system has been having problems. Up side to Seaford their Parks Dept has some really great programs.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 AM

2 posts, read 8,619 times
there is a new development in seaford called villages of stoney brook, and they arent bad. hubby and i have a 2 bedroom and its very reasonable and fairly quiet here. alot of dogs though, mainly small ones. there is a walmart right close to it also, which is nice and a lowes and some fast food places, etc. we been here 2-3 months now and we like it. im originally from south jersey.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,138 times
Don't rent any apartments out of Georgetown. You will run into two main problems:

1. Rowdy college students (out of Del Tech)
2. Comment removed by Mod

--

Seaford is okay, if you stay out of the deep part of it (stein highway off 13 highway) which is known as drug capitol down in lower slower Delaware. I would suggest living in Bridgeville, Greenwood, or Milford. But these towns are small and there's really no apartment complexes. I would also never send my kids to any Seaford school! Elementary is okay, but middle and high school most of the kids are exposed to drugs and crime. I know several parents out of Seaford that send their kids to the Woodbridge school district (schools are located 15-20 minutes away from Seaford in Bridgeville and Greenwood)

Other than that I think you'll like Delaware! Beaches are never far, but not too close, along with the movie theaters and malls. But at the same time you can enjoy the rural life once you get out of high populated areas, Seaford as an example.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-02-2013 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Racist comment removed

Old 12-11-2015, 06:28 AM

9 posts, read 19,090 times
Hi. I was wondering what the traffic in Bridgeville is like in the summer months? If a house on Delaware Ave. Would be overrun w traffic? Is parking an issue in that neighborhood?

Old 12-11-2015, 09:55 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,891 times
Hi, not a native but spent most summers in slower lower. Bridgeville is the through way for people travelling 404 to the beaches. You can pretty much depend on constant traffic in summer months, but the local police crack down hard on speeding so speed limits are usually adhered to. Don't think parking is related to summer traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware