Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM

8 posts, read 17,216 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone have an OB recommendation in New Castle County? There are several independent OBs and groups. Many of my friends have used All About Women, but my experience with the group has left a seriously bad taste in my mouth. I would love to hear positive experiences with providers. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:23 AM

53 posts, read 182,459 times
My experience with Dedicated to Women in Middletown (site -> Home) has been positive so far, but I only went for the routine stuff...

Old 05-12-2011, 01:38 PM

377 posts, read 1,115,400 times
I also go to Dedicated for Women in Middletown. It is hard to find an obgyn that does not take new patients if you are not pregnant.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM

8 posts, read 17,216 times
Thanks! I do like dedicated to women and know several of the docs there. However, I don't think any deliver at christiana. I think they only deliver at bayhealth. I am actually pregnant so need to find a trustworthy ob soon. I'd love input from any nurses who work L&d. Who do the Christiana labor nurses choose? Really I'd appreciate feedback from anyone (good and bad stories).

Old 05-12-2011, 02:14 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,881,361 times
I once went to dedicated to women (saw dr. Moylan) and will never go there again.
the staff was ok (but not nice) and after I waited 30 minutes in the waiting area I waited 50 (!!!) minutes in a gown in an ice cold room and had 2 questions, where the doc was no help at all .... and I also wasn't thrilled about her bedside manners.

and - I am usually easy going and don't expect too much - but did not like the whole place.

but heard good things from dr. cooper (same office) though.

I go to the birth center in wilmington (they also do annuals and pap smears and you don't have to be pregnant).
I had my little one there and just rave about that place.

I really think, the options are not great.

before we moved to middletown, I saw dr. beth fisher at the medical arts pavillon of christiana care. it was ok there and if I had, I would go back there.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM

347 posts, read 863,757 times
I have gone to Dedicated to Women in Middletown and was pleased. My daughter has also become a patient and has been to their Dover office. It is difficult to find an ob/gyn that will see you within a reasonable amount of time when you are not pregnant. My schedule was pretty open and I had to wait about 2 months for an appointment. There is also a lab in the same office building as the Middletown office that provides mammograms and other related testing.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:41 PM

377 posts, read 1,115,400 times
I had no idea that they did not deliver at Christiana. Not that I am pregnant, but in just in case. It took me so long to find Dedicate to Women. Guess I need to call them tomorrow and possibly find a new doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware