Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 07:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times

Advertisements

hey all............just wanted to say thanks for directions to the train station
We decided to get off at exit 6 on 95 and then followed the directions to French st.
What a creepy area (shiver)
Correct me if I am wrong but Wilmington seems creepier than Philly.
I never minded going into town in Philly. Has been a nice day out. We would go to a show, have lunch, take the duck tour, visit the constitution center and vistors center, reading terminal market and convention center. I just love walking around town but not sure I would in Wilmington unless it was just that one creepy part.

Anyways, thanks to all who were so kind as to help me out with directions expecially peewee and Rockky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 11:00 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,155 times
Hi elizamary,

Is this the traveling you mentioned a few weeks ago? We have used the Amtrak a few times during our home hunting trips... I was not impressed with the part of Wilmington that the station is in either. Although in my opinion train stations are usually location in the not so great areas.

I would like to think that is close to the "worst" part of the city, but so far we just pass through enough to get over the Delaware Memorial Bridge to head to NY, so I can't rightfully say. Speaking of Philly, I have only venture into there once, and many moons ago. The area we went through, I would be very afraid to go there again. And as far as I know, it was NOT near the train station.

Anyway, nice to know you made it back safe from your travels! Wish I could say the same for hubby. He was in for a shortened weekend and got in a fender bender earlier this evening on his way back to NY. He didn't even get through Dover and was rear-ended. As NY'ers would say.... OY!

Mary

Old 10-01-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Hi elizamary,

Is this the traveling you mentioned a few weeks ago? We have used the Amtrak a few times during our home hunting trips... I was not impressed with the part of Wilmington that the station is in either. Although in my opinion train stations are usually location in the not so great areas.
IMary
[i]

Hey Mary...........No this is not what I mentioned before. Acually, it was My daughter who came to visit from Philly. She is my youngest and doesn't drive. it was good to see her but we had a bad experience on Sat night while eating at Fridays. Bill was choking on a piece of steak and we thought he was going and gone. Thank God a woman near by knew what to do. She saved his life. Left a horrible feeling inside and I still have it.

BTW, this was SEPTA she took back to Philly from W. You are so right, every city has it "area's".

See you tomorrow.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Hi elizamary,

Sorry to hear about your troubles this weekend! Hope the rest of the visit was enjoyable despite Bill's near mishap! I know what you mean about the horrible feeling lingering... I get that more and more the older I get about way too many things!

Looking forward to tomorrow... I will double check with the others! See you there!

Mary

Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Hi elizamary,

Sorry to hear about your troubles this weekend! Hope the rest of the visit was enjoyable despite Bill's near mishap! I know what you mean about the horrible feeling lingering... I get that more and more the older I get about way too many things!

Looking forward to tomorrow... I will double check with the others! See you there!

Mary
As far as I know Katharine is. See you at 11

Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM

199 posts, read 938,245 times
Hey Elizamary,

Sorry to hear about Bill. Hope all is ok. Did the gal do the Heimlich maneuver like Robin Williams did in the movie, "Mrs. Doubtfire"? Must have been scary for both of you.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:59 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Oh Eliza,

I just saw the post about Bill. That was great that the woman nearby knew what to do. I hope he is OK ... and hope you'll be OK too. I can only imagine how scary that must have been.

Charley

Old 10-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Oh my gosh peeweeaz.... I won't be able to watch Mrs. Doubtfire with my boys again without picturing elizamary in the Sally Fields role and hubby in the Pierce Brosnan role! How about them apples, elizamary??? What a couple you and Bill have turned out to be.

Had a nice chat with PA's hubby today (about tomorrow).... I suppose one day we'll have to do a coed get-together! Do you think Bill would go for that? We'll have to talk tomorrow about that prospect; sounds like fun multiplied!

Hope Bill is doing good... and hope your BP has come down a notch or two by now. See ya manana!

Mary

Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Hey Elizamary,

Sorry to hear about Bill. Hope all is ok. Did the gal do the Heimlich maneuver like Robin Williams did in the movie, "Mrs. Doubtfire"? Must have been scary for both of you.

It was a frightening experience to say the least. And............ it kind of left me with a depressed feeling the rest of the night.
I guess it was the reality of how vunerable and fragile our lives really are especially when you reach the golden years.
This is why EVERYONE should make EVERY moment count. I try to do this which helps make me happy. That and not working

Lets face it folks, life is too darn short.

BTW..........I love that movie Mrs. Doubtfire.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Oh Eliza,

I just saw the post about Bill. That was great that the woman nearby knew what to do. I hope he is OK ... and hope you'll be OK too. I can only imagine how scary that must have been.

Charley

Yeah Charley, it was but we are fine and very grateful now.
Every experience someone choking charlie? I never have before but want to learn the hiemlich manuver. I'm in the process now of coordinating a class for the residents of SM.
Talked to Marta and she said it was a great idea.
Bill is going to learn it too so he can pay foward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware