Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 11:04 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,432 times

Advertisements

Hi there:

I'm trying to find out some conservative media sources (papers, blogs, radio, cable access) that might exist in DE.

Any tiny self-published papers that people give out for free or anything like that?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 01:23 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
In eastern Sussex WGMD. Check out their website.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:18 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Thumbs up good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Hi there:

I'm trying to find out some conservative media sources (papers, blogs, radio, cable access) that might exist in DE.

Any tiny self-published papers that people give out for free or anything like that?

Thanks!

You might have to subscribe to some out-of-state publications. Also, I'm sure you are familiar with Drudge Report and both WILM and WDEL have a mix of conservative and more liberal talk shows. I am lucky, in that my local and New York City stations have a good mix of programming, but when I occasionally go out of my area, especially to Massachusetts, I have nothing to listen to.

Hope you find something suitable.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:42 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
You might have to subscribe to some out-of-state publications. Also, I'm sure you are familiar with Drudge Report and both WILM and WDEL have a mix of conservative and more liberal talk shows. I am lucky, in that my local and New York City stations have a good mix of programming, but when I occasionally go out of my area, especially to Massachusetts, I have nothing to listen to.

Hope you find something suitable.
Off topic a bit, but I strongly suggest an internet radio. I have a CC Crane and a Bose and via Pandora, iheartradio etc. I can get most of the music and talk stations I used to listen to.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:59 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Thumbs up Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Off topic a bit, but I strongly suggest an internet radio. I have a CC Crane and a Bose and via Pandora, iheartradio etc. I can get most of the music and talk stations I used to listen to.
Glad you have found a good source for your preferences. When I have been in Delaware I had a hard time finding radio to my liking. I listened mostly to the 2am stations I mentioned above.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:40 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Glad you have found a good source for your preferences. When I have been in Delaware I had a hard time finding radio to my liking. I listened mostly to the 2am stations I mentioned above.

I am a sports nut so WFAN is my night time alarm clock sleep setting. Wabc during the day if not on FAN.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:01 PM

374 posts, read 517,420 times
Slightly off topic, but this post made me think of this....

As a young boy growing up in Pennsylvania, my brother and I used to go to sleep many nights in the ealry 1960's listening to Dick Biondi play rock & roll on WLS in Chicago. Amazing that he is still on the radio in Chicago (WLS FM now) playing rock music 50+ years later.

Hope everyone finds stations that they can love forever.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, all! My apologies because my post was unclear--I'm looking for some really local sources.

Thanks Longnecker for the WGMD suggestion. I'm going to check them out. Do they have any talk radio personalities in particular who are local, or do they tend to run syndicated stuff like Rush, Beck, etc.

(I just reread that sentence and it looks like I'm asking about a classic rock station. LOL)

I know WDEL has a couple of conservative talkers, e.g. Rick Jensen. Dan Gaffney on Delaware 105.9 is pretty conservative too.

WILM seems like a good conservative source too.

Seems like the papers are moderate (yes, I know conservatives think the News Journal is ultra-liberal but... no). I know the guy who unseated Venables in the 21st district owns a couple small papers though.

Sometimes there are tiny self-published papers left on the windowsills of stores. Anything like that around?

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because I'm from PA, so DE media is a little bit of a mystery to me.

Thanks again!!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:21 AM

Oh, and blogs!??? I've found a couple but it seems like a lot of them haven't been updated in a long time.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, all! My apologies because my post was unclear--I'm looking for some really local sources.

Thanks Longnecker for the WGMD suggestion. I'm going to check them out. Do they have any talk radio personalities in particular who are local, or do they tend to run syndicated stuff like Rush, Beck, etc.

(I just reread that sentence and it looks like I'm asking about a classic rock station. LOL)

I know WDEL has a couple of conservative talkers, e.g. Rick Jensen. Dan Gaffney on Delaware 105.9 is pretty conservative too.

WILM seems like a good conservative source too.

Seems like the papers are moderate (yes, I know conservatives think the News Journal is ultra-liberal but... no). I know the guy who unseated Venables in the 21st district owns a couple small papers though.

Sometimes there are tiny self-published papers left on the windowsills of stores. Anything like that around?

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage because I'm from PA, so DE media is a little bit of a mystery to me.

Thanks again!!
Yes Dan on 105.9 is pretty conservative. He used to have a morning talk show on WGMD. My main contact is
now with WGMD on line. They have the best local news coverage. Head lines and short nondetailed blips but at least you can find out what is going on. They have better Eastern Sussex headline coverage than the local TV station websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware