Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times

Advertisements

People in my community got their DP bill this past week and we all noticed that we did not get a return envelope. I have not found anything thus far that says it was discontinuing it for those of us who get paper bills. It seems odd at best that it would be "forgotten". Anyone else have this happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 05:22 PM

6,147 posts, read 4,511,316 times
OK, I finally got mine today and I got an envelope just like always. Maybe it was just an oversight.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Apparently a bunch of bills went out without the envelopes. We actually got an envelope today with a letter apologizing for the missing envelope.

Kind of a waste as I pay bills online so I just threw it away anyway.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Apparently a bunch of bills went out without the envelopes. We actually got an envelope today with a letter apologizing for the missing envelope.

Kind of a waste as I pay bills online so I just threw it away anyway.
I called and they said an envelope was on the way. I didn't bother. I sent mine in my own envelope.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:34 AM

242 posts, read 231,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
People in my community got their DP bill this past week and we all noticed that we did not get a return envelope. I have not found anything thus far that says it was discontinuing it for those of us who get paper bills. It seems odd at best that it would be "forgotten". Anyone else have this happen?
We do everything paper-free. Saves time, paper, stamps, therefore good for the environment and for my wallet.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsilk View Post
We do everything paper-free. Saves time, paper, stamps, therefore good for the environment and for my wallet.
Thanks for the suggestion however, they only do an automatic debit and I will not allow it from my bank account. Credit card, yes but bank account no.

Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 PM

242 posts, read 231,535 times
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion however, they only do an automatic debit and I will not allow it from my bank account. Credit card, yes but bank account no.

I control the payment myself to ccare/Delmarva. It is not automatic. Two years ago, before a three month trip, I decided to set up all my bills online so that I could pay from wherever I was in this world and not miss a bill because it came in the mail. It worked like a charm. Now a stamp book will last me forever and I don't get all the piles of paper in the mail, which used to accumulate into piles on my desk. I have never had a problem, but to each his own.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzsilk View Post
I control the payment myself to ccare/Delmarva. It is not automatic. Two years ago, before a three month trip, I decided to set up all my bills online so that I could pay from wherever I was in this world and not miss a bill because it came in the mail. It worked like a charm. Now a stamp book will last me forever and I don't get all the piles of paper in the mail, which used to accumulate into piles on my desk. I have never had a problem, but to each his own.
But you are still using your bank account. I pay all I can using my credit card online as I have protection, but there is no failsafe on you bank account. I know many pay as you do and as long as it works for you that is the only thing that important. I will not give anyone access to my bank account online. Yes, a check can be an entry point but I feel safer only going the credit card route, Again, thank you,

Old 08-12-2017, 02:21 PM

136 posts, read 136,021 times
Quote:
A common enough position. As another poster put it, to each his own. The fact is your protections against fraudulent or unauthorized access to your bank accounts, and your bank's required response to such a report from you are virtually the same as those required of a credit card company. There is no practical difference in either. And allowing access to either is certainly more secure than putting a signed check in the mail. If that gets "lost" or diverted the bad guys have your institution's name and address, routing number, your account number, and even your signature to copy. If the envelope happens to be a credit card payment they have that account too. More secure? Not in my opinion.

For what it's worth I've been allowing companies to which I make recurring payments access to my accounts for many years. As far back as the mid-90s before it was common for businesses or banks to offer the service I paid Inuit (the publisher of Quicken and Turbo Tax software) a small monthly fee to access my checking account and pay my bills. Several hundred, maybe over a thousand, transactions and not a single problem. The only down side is that it spoils you. Having to write a check for any reason what-so-ever now seems like a huge inconvenience to me.

Old 08-12-2017, 02:49 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
me too, bill pay is the way to go and much safer IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware