Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:22 AM

243 posts, read 914,762 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest places for good quality Amish furniture? I'm hoping to find a good place with good prices, in or near Kent County. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM

84 posts, read 333,733 times
Bylers on Rt. 8 (West Dover area) is a great store, although I have not been there in years so I'm not sure how much furniture they are selling these days. It's a great Amish store though and would be worth the trip out there for other things. Like the fresh baked goodies! Unfortunately, we don't have the stores here like PA does. There might be one in the North Dover area, I believe there used to be one on that side of Dover too.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, debbiekr. I've read about Bylers, I think, on other threads. I'll check it out when I get to DE. Appreciate your post.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:18 PM

87 posts, read 311,782 times
I think I read somewhere that Byler's is actually Mennonite but I might be wrong. There are at least 3 places that sell Amish furniture -- two in West Dover and one in Kenton. Can't remember the names of them but when you get to Dover you'll see signs and ads for them. My son loved a woven magazine rack at one of them so I bought it for him for his birthday......it only cost around $45 but I had to pay $65 to mail it to him!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:44 PM

thank you kat196. I remember reading about Bylers on this forum, I just don't remember where or what. Thanks for your input. I appreciate any and all information I can gather from the people who live in or care for Delaware.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:29 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,302 times
The Amish furniture we found came from Rose Valley Furniture. They are located on Rose Valley School Road, West Dover area. In fact, Byler's is on the corner of Forrest Ave (route 8) and Rose Valley School Road.

When you get in town, and are ready to go see their merchandise, let me know. I'll be glad to take you to both... the furniture place and Byler's! We were very pleased with our purchase, and hope to continue buying from this fella.

I have heard there are more Amish furniture places in Sussex County, but am not familiar with where they are, or the name(s) of the businesses. Perhaps rdlr or some other long-timers will come along and help us both out!

Mary

Old 08-02-2008, 07:40 AM

15 posts, read 58,969 times
I love the Kenton Chair Shop. You can't miss it when you drive up to Kenton. Mr. Zimmerman makes the most gorgeous stuff! I had a dining room table and chairs made to match a hutch I had already purchased. Oh my gosh. That was 20 years ago and it has been wonderful! I have a bow back chair and an oversized rocker he made, too. His prices are not cheap, but the quality is tops!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Dovergirl,

Thanks for the tip on the Kenton Chair Shop! I'll have to "wander" my way to Kenton... gotta check out their merchandise!

Thanks again!

Mary

Old 08-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Hey movn2del,

I almost forgot the fella we saw at the Peach Festival... I did pick up his business card for future reference. Don't know that he's Amish, per se, but he DID have some nice lookin' pieces on display at the Festival. From what he said, he makes everything there at his home, and the wife does the finish work.

Don't know about his prices, but what I saw was worthy of at least another phone call. How's unpacking going???? I don't envy you!

Mary

Old 08-03-2008, 05:43 PM

3 posts, read 15,783 times
Go check out the Amish Farmers Market in Middletown, They have a nice selection of Hardwood, Barnwood and Pine furniture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: