Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
E&I

2 posts, read 3,456 times

Advertisements

Hello to all!

Your wait will soon be over. We are opening a new retail/roaster coffee shop in Dover at the Gateway West Shopping Center (near Food Lion). This will be a locally owned establishment with a commitment to make GREAT coffee. We will be importing coffee from all over the world and roasting at our location, to provide you with the freshest and high quality coffee you're seeking. Please visit our website for more information.

We will offer WiFi, soft seating and a conference center for small to medium size groups (up to 25). We look forward to serving our customers and working with the community.

Sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 03:55 PM

3 posts, read 5,115 times
We could not agree with you more on the subject of good Espresso in the Dover area. I come from a background of having a coffee house that was located in North Carolina. I took great pride in espresso and brewed coffee made from fresh beans that was made consistently each time.

We have indeed just started a mobile coffee house based in downtown Dover located at the Water Street parking lot where the DART buses transfer. This is an ideal location as to has good foot traffic and is surrounded by professional offices. We also feel that being in an area that is close to the colleges and military operations is an advantage. We started in this location due to the lack of good coffee in the area.

We are capable of hot, iced, or frozen coffee and non coffee drinks. We use fresh beans that are roasted at a local Delaware roaster for our espresso and brewed coffee. We also use a popular name supplier for all our blended drinks. we are an operation for all seasons.

We do not have sandwhiches or couches or the like but, we do have the feel of a coffee house on wheels. We are working up the ladder before entertaining the thought of brick and morter again. We are at the location M - F 7:00am to 3:00pm. You may also catch us at many of the area's festivals.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:53 PM

903 posts, read 3,506,126 times
Hi E&I, did you get that shop open? If so, I'd like to talk to you more. Is that the Food Lion on Rte 10, not far from the AFB? We have a group that meets once a month, and the conference room you mentioned would be perfect! Not to mention, I believe EVERYONE in the group drinks coffee, so you'd get a bit of business as well!

Please, post us an update! Mary

Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 AM

377 posts, read 1,115,283 times
Has anyone been to The Cereal Bowl? We went this morning with the kids. It was seriously one of the coolest places. We really liked it.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 AM
E&I

2 posts, read 3,456 times
Default Opening Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Hi E&I, did you get that shop open? If so, I'd like to talk to you more. Is that the Food Lion on Rte 10, not far from the AFB? We have a group that meets once a month, and the conference room you mentioned would be perfect! Not to mention, I believe EVERYONE in the group drinks coffee, so you'd get a bit of business as well!

Please, post us an update! Mary
Hi Mary!

We hope to be open Sept 1st. if all goes well. We have encountered many delays but now we are just waiting on final inspections. Send me an email with your contact information and I'll notify you when we are open.

Cheers,

Sean

Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 AM

271 posts, read 995,750 times
Sean,

I'm glad to hear you'll be opening soon, and promise I'll be watching for you!

Gateway West is off Forrest Ave/Route 8, isn't it? I don't normally shop at that Food Lion, but we're not too far from you, and quite often in the general vicinity.

Best luck to you!

Annie

Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Is it a kid's place, they have things for kids to do (I guess) - ?, do they have anything else besides cereal, would adults enjoy it - ? Where is it - ? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to seek a little more info as it piqued my curiousity -
TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandee1213 View Post
Has anyone been to The Cereal Bowl? We went this morning with the kids. It was seriously one of the coolest places. We really liked it.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:45 AM

377 posts, read 1,115,283 times
They have other things besides cereal, but it mostly cereal. We brought my parents and they liked it. It was not healthy at all though. I got hot cereal with lots of great stuff in it. It is right by the university though, so I am sure college kids love it. My husband got something with like Lucky Charms, Pebbles, Rice Krispies, rainbow sprinkles, and vanilla Wafers. I could just see him gaining weight haha.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Oh gosh, am not a big cereal eater but it sounds interesting, thx for the info, it does have a clever name, like you said, I'm sure it's a hit w/ the college kids (as well as younger).

Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 AM

5 posts, read 15,980 times
I think the coffee at Zippy's Ice Cream Cafe is pretty good, and they have couches and perhaps focaccia sandwiches as well. They are on Rte 13 in Dover. I am looking forward to Espresso and Ice, as I am always at that Food Lion, and I will also seek out the Andrews Espresso truck.

I think the reality of Kent and Sussex counties is that people prefer to go to Wawa or Royal Farms to get cheap coffee, and they're not really looking for the ambiance of a coffee house. There are a few of us who do want this though, and I wonder if those who do are all transplants.

Good luck to E & I and Andrews Espresso!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware