Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times

Advertisements

Anyone able to tell me if these areas have good schools and good safe crime free housing, you know the kind where you do not have to go through a bad area to get too? THanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 06:45 PM

23 posts, read 74,033 times
I recently relocated to Charlotte, NC after living in Georgetown for 22 years. I would suggest Indian River School district or if you can get closer to the beach, Cape Henlopen is excellent! Good luck!

Old 05-13-2007, 11:29 PM

429 posts, read 1,864,761 times
1) Are both places rural?

2) What TV/Papers do you get, PHI, DC, BAL or all?

3) Which sports teams make up the majority?

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 PM
JKF

12 posts, read 129,492 times
Default Loyalties and such

News from Both PA and MD make it to Delaware. People in New Castle County tend to lean to the Philly side of sports, but not always. Southern Delawareans... heck I don't know what they do in the winter, I guess watch TV and get fat. It is very rural, like where the heck am I rural. If you are going to live south of the canal, try to stick as close to the beach as possible or you will become bored.

cheers,

Jim

Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 PM

23 posts, read 74,033 times
1) Are both places rural?
It depends on what you consider rural. In Seaford there are a lot more places to eat, whereas Georgetown there aren't really many restaurants. However, to go to the beach is just a 20-25 minute drive to Georgetown which is great. You aren't in the middle of all the chaos of Lewes/Rehoboth in the summer but yet are close enough to drive there whenever you want to go to the beach.

2) What TV/Papers do you get, PHI, DC, BAL or all?
Papers--Baltimore Sun
Newspaper--ALL

3) Which sports teams make up the majority?
The Orioles are the biggest baseball team. As far as football, I'd say the Eagles, Redskins, and Ravens are equally split.

When are you planning on moving?? Let me know if you have anymore questions!!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM

16 posts, read 98,418 times
I grew up in Southern Delaware. This is a VERY rural area. If you are looking for anything to do in either Georgetown or Seaford, you will either need to drive to Salisbury, MD or over to the beaches. They both have a town center with car wash, fast food, etc. Seafod has a hospital - nothing high tech though. In terms of crime, Seaford has had some drug problems in the past. My niece is a parole officer there and drugs keep her very busy. Definitely don't live in the Coverdale part of Seaford. On the other hand, Georgetown has had a surge of immigrants (mainly hispanic), many illegals in the past few years. This may not matter to you and I don't want to offend anyone - Just giving facts because it does contribute to the make-up of the community. They work at the local chicken plants. Also, in terms of shopping, there is a Walmart in Georgetown and Seaford and that's about it. If you are use to conveniences of dept stores, bookstores, etc, you will not find these things there. You will have to drive over to the beach (outlets) or Salisbury Mall - MD (about 30 minutes) or Dover Mall.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 AM

72 posts, read 297,296 times
I moved to Seaford last summer......wish I could tell you I like it, but I don't, not really. I don't hate it, but I can't say I see myself living here forever. If you want rural, it's rural. The public schools are not nice at all, in spite of what a Chamber of Commerce blurb might say.

I can't comment on crime, since I have no access to any true statistics, but even in my very nice (expensive) neighborhood I was told to lock my doors. Georgetown, I drove thru once, because the DMV is there. Salisbury, Maryland is just down the highway about 20 minutes, and it's ever so much nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware