Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,419,499 times

Advertisements

Crossposting (not my dog)
Contact thru Craigslist (Reply to:, below)
--
LOST!! Boston Terrier at Dover NASCAR Race (White Oak Road/Persimmon Tree Lane-Dover)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-05-15, 9:47PM EDT
Reply to: comm-rgqnj-1743074181@craigslist.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 year male Boston Terrier LOST at NASCAR Race!!!....brindle brown/white with gorgeous markings..one brown front leg...one white front leg...brown splotch of fur on neck....floppy ears and no tail...no tags/collar.....small - 13 pounds...looks like a puppy still...answers to the name of BRADY....VERY friendly but probably VERY scared......last seen near Wild Meadows Retirement Community off of Persimmon Tree Lane/White Oak Road/Silver Leaf Lane.....300 flyers posted within a 30 mile radius.....lives and resides in CT but here for the NASCAR race at Dover, Delaware.....DEVASTATED, WORRIED and HEART BROKEN...PLEASE PLEASE help or call if found or seen ANYWHERE!!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
I need to get on the horn to St. Francis. I sure hope they find the little guy.

Thanks honeycrisp.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
If Brady is microchipped through Home Again, they need to be notified so that alerts can be sent. I haven't received one, so it hasn't been done yet. Most dogs do not go more than a mile. There are several wooded areas around the race track that Brady might have run to. I hope he is found safe and sound.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 AM

Will let you both know if I hear anything. I just hope they get him back and he doesnt get hit by a car etc. I have a feeling he may not be chipped, he was wearing no collar or ID tags. Hoping for a good update though.

PS If anyone goes to Craigslist, there's a flyer the family posted (small and hard to read / enlarge) but it has some photos of him, his family is very worried, their cell phone is 860-558-9912

Last edited by Honeycrisp; 05-16-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 05:09 PM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Crossposting (not my dog)
Contact thru Craigslist (Reply to:, below)
--
LOST!! Boston Terrier at Dover NASCAR Race (White Oak Road/Persimmon Tree Lane-Dover)

Date: 2010-05-15, 9:47PM EDT
Reply to: comm-rgqnj-1743074181@craigslist.org

2 year male Boston Terrier LOST at NASCAR Race!!!....brindle brown/white with gorgeous markings..one brown front leg...one white front leg...brown splotch of fur on neck....floppy ears and no tail...no tags/collar.....small - 13 pounds...looks like a puppy still...answers to the name of BRADY....VERY friendly but probably VERY scared......last seen near Wild Meadows Retirement Community off of Persimmon Tree Lane/White Oak Road/Silver Leaf Lane.....300 flyers posted within a 30 mile radius.....lives and resides in CT but here for the NASCAR race at Dover, Delaware.....DEVASTATED, WORRIED and HEART BROKEN...PLEASE PLEASE help or call if found or seen ANYWHERE!!
When the Nascar stands were quite full, we heard this announced twice during the afternoon, once before the race started, and once during. Here's a picture:

Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM

Glad they made the announcements and thanks for posting it, rdlr, I sure hope he can be reunited with his family soon. I wonder that photo was actually taken at the race, it looks like it might have been as he seems to be on some kind of bleachers. I bet he slipped right out of the harness he was wearing, he probably was spooked w/ all the noise and commotion and took off, I can see mine doing the same thing. Very sad, hopefully there's a lot of people keeping an eye out for him. Good luck to Brady and his family.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Glad they made the announcements and thanks for posting it, rdlr, I sure hope he can be reunited with his family soon. I wonder that photo was actually taken at the race, it looks like it might have been as he seems to be on some kind of bleachers. I bet he slipped right out of the harness he was wearing, he probably was spooked w/ all the noise and commotion and took off, I can see mine doing the same thing. Very sad, hopefully there's a lot of people keeping an eye out for him. Good luck to Brady and his family.
Honeycrisp...Dogs are not allowed in the Nascar stands, so the photo wasn't taken during the race. There are over 140,000 seats at Dover Downs, and thousands of campers over many acres of land surrounding the track. The closest subdivisions are Persimmon Park Place and Wild Meadows, which are east of busy U.S. 13. I hope, too, that he's soon reunited with his family.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM

Well, that's good to know (that the photo wasnt taken at the race). Hadn't realized just how large DD is, my knowledge of DE is quite limited and when we finally take the plunge to move (soon hopefully), will have to check out many places of interest in the area. I just hope someone kind is caring for this bt and sees the flyers posted, I hate to think of him wandering around confused in the cold and dark (apparently he's not even from DE and is really out of his element).

Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 AM

The campers have all left the acres of fields surrounding Dover Downs, the Connecticut Gagne family is the only one left, and it's dark and drizzling. Very sad.

Mrs. Gagne is visiting local elementary schools today to see if there are any leads regarding the story, that a Boston terrier was seen hopping into a silver sedan on White Oak Road, with a woman and girl in the car. Brady got away because a German shepherd entered their camping area, knocked over a table, and startled the terrier who then slipped out of his collar and bolted.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM

324 posts, read 1,220,377 times
I have a runner and would be devastated if he broke free and left my development...I feel for these folks and wish for a safe return of their furry friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware