Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:49 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

I recall one dentist who waa recommended by my mother. But my impression when either I or my husband visited him was that he was high on something, and his work was sloppy. He didn't seem as though he could keep his mind on what he was doing, one time he gave me novocaine for one tooth and started working on another tooth, another time he gave me too many shots of novocaine-I protested after the third one, but he didn't like me telling him what to do.

We stopped going to him after we showed up one day when we both had scheduled visits and after having had to leave work early to get there, my husband was told he didn't have an appointment-he had a card with the time on it, but they had not put the

appointment in their system, and they refused to see him. At that point, I told them they wouldn't be seeing me either, in fact we were firing them.

We found out later that this was the same dentist who had pulled a tooth on my mother's husband, and then refused to treat him, or even see him for a dry socket that developed after the extraction. The dentist accused him of lying about his symptoms

(which included severe pain, swelling and a high fever) and dismissed his complaints.

I discovered a few yrs after that that this same dentist was stiffing one of my coworkers. She had good dental insurance, and was visiting the dentist frequently over quite a long time for extensive work that involved posts, crowns, bridges, you name it. I wasn't the only one of her coworkers who got the impression this dentist was milking her dental insurance for all he could get, and when she mentioned his name I related our experiences with the guy.

Well, it seemed at one point my co-worker began to question what was happening with this never-ending work with this dentist, and decided she had had enough. And the last straw was when she visited her brother, who was a dentist, and apparently asked
him to take a look at some of that dental work she had questions about or wasn't holding up, or something. She said her brother
looked at the work, and expressed outrage at what a lousy job her dentist had done, what a poor condition he had left her teeth in, and offered to fix what needed to be fixed. Her brother lived several hours away, but even still, she made a number of visits so he could fix the mess the other dentist had left.

I had suggested to both my mother's husband and my coworker that they file complaints against this dentist's license, especially as his work harmed both of them. They decided not to do so, and apparently no one else has. And apparently this guy is still practicing dentistry to this day.

I see you are in SW Florida - so am I and I'm the look-out for a different dentist, hopefully it won't be the one you are talking about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I see you are in SW Florida - so am I and I'm the look-out for a different dentist, hopefully it won't be the one you are talking about!

No, the (lousy) dentist I was referring to was in Miami, in the Kendall area to be exact. But we also had a good dentist there that we liked very much and trusted. We'd still be going to him if we still lived in Miami, but he's a pretty far commute from where we live now, so I picked a local dentist here in Punta Gorda that I also like and trust.

Hope you can find a dentist you are happy with too.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I work with myrrh tincture and oil of oregano on the 10 yr long tooth issue. No pain at all. These are great anti infection oils.

I've starting using oil of oregano for sore throats and colds. That is some nasty tasting stuff. I always have some grapefruit juice on hand to get the taste out of my mouth.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:53 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I buy the Now Foods diluted 1 oz bottle but still dilute it more. I add drops to my homemade toothpaste,,,good stuff. I love working with my remedies.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:33 PM

I put 8 drops in a shot glass of water, chug it down in one gulp and then wash it down with the grapefruit juice.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:40 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I put 8 drops in a shot glass of water, chug it down in one gulp and then wash it down with the grapefruit juice.
To quote Harry Nilsson, "put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up."

Old 10-23-2016, 06:43 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Is "F" really that expensive? I'm trying to figure out how there is so much money to be made by putting fluoride in the water. And I still don't understand how dentists are profiting from "F".
My dentist friend in Reno said it costs 32 cents annually per person to fluoridate water, this source says 50 cents Dentists don't profit from it, that's just another conspiracy theory people get from infowars or naturalnews

Old 10-23-2016, 11:39 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have a mouth full of dental work...fluoride didn't save me.

All the sugars and mega carbs haven't helped any of us and dental health, nor all the sugar in milks.
As with most things involving the human body, our genes also play a big role, and my step-brother who is a dentist, explained that up to a third of all cavities are due to one's DNA, so you could very well be one of those people who are susceptible to getting cavities, regardless if you had fluoridated water or not.

There's people who brush and floss regularly and consume very little amount of sugars, but still get cavities, why, their genes. Likewise there's people out there who rarely brush and eat a ton of sugars and never get cavities, why, their genes.

And your right, tooth decay is completely and totally correlated to the introduction of sugar to western countries. Those bacteria need that sucrose source to survive and thrive.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
To quote Harry Nilsson, "put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up."

That song has been stuck in my head since yesterday when I was using lime in my recipe. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My dentist friend in Reno said it costs 32 cents annually per person to fluoridate water, this source says 50 cents Dentists don't profit from it, that's just another conspiracy theory people get from infowars or naturalnews
Enjoy your Fluoride and your beliefs. They are not mine. I don't believe I should be forced to ingest their "F". WHile they are at it, why not add anti depressants and laxatives as so many are depressed and constipated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health