Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 05:57 PM

163 posts, read 137,695 times

Advertisements

I want to hear from people who's experienced a difference.

Thanks to all that respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 08:39 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX101MAX101 View Post

Thanks to all that respond
I could never go back to a regular toothbrush. The electric is so much better. I brush my teeth for the full three minutes on the timer. I'm sure that I brush the entire surface of every single tooth in my mouth. It was impossible for me to be that thorough with a regular toothbrush.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:59 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
electric toothbrush is vastly better - no comparison really - electric gives a very thorough cleaning, unlike a regular toothbrush

I like an Oral B electric toothbrush - I think they are better than Sonicare.

add use of a Waterpik which really cleans well between teeth and removes particles all over, and you can enjoy a clean mouth (add some mouthwash to the water)

along with flossing

Last edited by matisse12; 09-15-2018 at 10:03 PM..

Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
I bought one of the first ones when they hit the market, the Sonicare and used it for some time and then got away from it. In the last couple yrs I found a great toothbrush that is rubberized and I get the best cleaning ever since I began using this brush. I've lost interest in buying the electric or battery again as I really like this new one I've found.

https://www.drchrisamott.com/3-possi...-toothbrushes/

FWIW: I've gotten away from using commercial toothpastes and make my own from a coconut oil base and have gotten rid of the chemicals I'm not happy about in most toothpastes. CO toothpastes are now being produced by the more health minded holistic dental companies.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:13 PM

163 posts, read 137,695 times
What's the best electric toothbrush money can buy? Oral-B Braun Genius 9000? And what's the best toothpase, charcoal?

https://www.superdrug.com/medias/sys...ads-706656.jpg

Old 09-17-2018, 03:29 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
What's the best electric toothbrush money can buy? Oral-B Braun Genius 9000? And what's the best toothpase, charcoal?

https://www.superdrug.com/medias/sys...ads-706656.jpg
I have had a Braun for a long time. I doubt there is much of a difference between brands. It is probably more important to replace the brush heads on a regular before they are worn out. I recommend that anyone buy a rechargeable and not a battery operated toothbrush. They gradually lose power and you don't notice it until you replace the battery.

As for toothpaste, I use any brand of sensitivity, fluoride toothpaste. Forget about the whitening; toothpaste will not whiten your teeth. An abrasive whitening toothpaste is simply eroding the enamel. Also, every dental hygienist for the past 20 years have told me to rinse for a full minute to prevent gum disease.

BTW, I'm 63 and don't have any cavities.

Old 01-30-2019, 10:41 PM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
I found this thread and would like to hear more comments re electric vs manual toothbrush. I have never used electric ones. Please share your experiences, thank you!

Old 02-01-2019, 12:43 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,063,897 times
Quote:

I haven't had a cavity since I started using a Philips Sonicare 13-14 years ago. It has a UV sanitizer to kill bacteria on the brush. Before that, I needed dental work every year. It's been great for keeping gums healthy too.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:00 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I found this thread and would like to hear more comments re electric vs manual toothbrush. I have never used electric ones. Please share your experiences, thank you!
They are better. Unless you happen to be someone who stands at the sink scrubbing your teeth for a long time. The electric can do the same amount of "work" a lot faster. I wasn't sure how much difference it made from day to day, but my dental hygienist (been to the same one for years) noticed a difference. She gets through my annual cleanings more quickly with less effort since I've used one. Haven't used different brands of electrics. There may be preferences people have for each, but it probably matters more that you actually USE it at all.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:03 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I use the OralB round headed brushes because my mouth is a bit ceowded. The round brushes fit around my back teeth better. Yes! Electric brushes are good. The downside is the brush heads are expensive. I buy my replacements at Costco. I like the clean feeling of my teeth after a good brush with a new head. I also tend to brush a bit up onto my gum line. But get instructions from your hygienist. Your hygienist should be a fount of information.

The only downside to using electric is the travel issue. Battery operated brushes are useless, IMO. So when I travel I carry a regular old toothbrush. And look forward to using the OralB as soon as I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health