Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,295 times

Advertisements

so ive had this ongoing issue for about 8 months now where i have constant bad breath and bad taste in my mouth. prior to seeing the dentist 3 months ago i was brushing my teeth twice a day but the dentist advised me i need to brush and floss after every meal because the bad breath was due to build up of plaque(also needed 3 filings i got them). so since my trip to the dentist i have been brushing and flossing after every meal with special floride toothpaste and using floride mothwash daily to fight the plaque and also using a tongue brush, i litterally couldnt be doing anymore but havent seen a single bit of improvement. withing 5 mins of brushing my teeth my breath is back to being horrible, i wake up with gunk around my lips every morning and my tongue is yellow so i brush my teeth, use the tongue brish and mouth wash and it is straight back to being horrible again after a few mins. i eat food and the bad taste goes away for 5/10 mins then its back to being the same horrible taste and bad breath. if i eat some sort of candy like lemon drops the bad taste goes away for quite a while. any help would be appreciated as i am out of ideas.

also ive been back to the dentist since ive been doing this extra cleaning and told him all of this and he said exactly the same thing but im adamant it must be something else becasue i litterally couldnt be cleaning anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 12:50 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
OP: I seem to always go to Grape SEED Extract for issues and this one no different. I'm 81 soon and have been taking GSE for decades and NO BAD BREATH...It's so much an Inside Job for this issue.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com...l-health-Study

And for fluoride products, I avoid them with a passion. Read all the pros and cons of this toxin. The industry has really done a snow job on the public.

On dental health in general, if only I had known and done years ago what I know now, I'd have saved myself from dental agony and $$$...I do not go to dentists now for close to 10 yrs and proud of my accomplishments. Eliminate sugars and refined carbs a lot in your diet.

And on toothpaste, I use coconut oil TP for the last few years and lately been buying Now Foods brand and it's great.

And my thinking is if dentists advised their patients on antioxidants for gum health, they would lose a lot of business....ha

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-13-2019 at 01:06 PM..

Old 07-13-2019, 01:00 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Did the dentist mention if you have deep pockets/periodontal disease?

Old 07-13-2019, 01:15 PM

jaminhealth :
i will surely try out the grape seed extract and get rid of the floride tp and order some coconut oil tp hopefully that will help. thanks for the reply.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:16 PM

oldgardener:
no nothing of the sort just that i had plaque build up and that was the cause of the bad breath which is why he gave me the floride tp and mouthwash. he said it would help with the plaque specifically.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1994123 View Post
jaminhealth :
i will surely try out the grape seed extract and get rid of the floride tp and order some coconut oil tp hopefully that will help. thanks for the reply.
I make no guarantees but this is what my mouth is all about and I'm on this earth a lot longer than you I'm sure. And clean up the refined foods...

Even a little swish of Hydrogen Peroxide before bed helps too, I do that for years. Spit it out of course.

And know there are chemicals in commerical toothpastes that can be causing a lot of issues including bad breath. SLS is one of them.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-13-2019 at 02:54 PM..

Old 07-13-2019, 02:54 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1994123 View Post
oldgardener:
no nothing of the sort just that i had plaque build up and that was the cause of the bad breath which is why he gave me the floride tp and mouthwash. he said it would help with the plaque specifically.

"Plaque" itself is easily removed with a toothbrush and floss, is why I asked. If you are brushing and flossing adequately every day, you shouldn't have plaque in your mouth. It seems there is more to the bad breath problem than "plaque."

Old 07-13-2019, 02:54 PM

8,145 posts, read 8,345,769 times
Often bad breath is not solely a mouth issue. I suffer from acid reflux which causes my breath to be foul often. Coffee, soft drinks, eating the wrong combination of foods (example eating foods that digest slowly in combo with those that digest quickly) will often cause bad fumes to rise from your digestive system. Learn about acid reflux and see if this may be a part of your problem.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,439 times
Do you have tonsils? Do you have periodontal pockets? Fascinating how so many people here prescribe treatment before even having a diagnosis. But I guess pushing grease never hurt anyone.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
OP are you on any prescription meds? Some of those can cause bad breath.

I recommend this (alcohol free) mouthwash:

https://smartmouth.com/products/orig...ted-mouthwash/

It's as close to a miracle product as I've seen. Just add it to your current routine, once a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health