Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 05:50 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,610,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sent View Post
Did anyone think to ask their dentist for research about the benefits, detriments, and history of fluoride instead of google?
Ask the Dentist?? Should you ask the used car slaesman if the car is a good buy? Its what they were taught- its what they have been told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty4ashes View Post
The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson, published in the US in 2004, examines the background of the fluoridation debate. Bryson, who has had the advantage of access to recently declassified files, concludes that fluoridation is a triumph not of medical science but of US government spin.

A must-read that has nothing to do with google.

The murderous fraud that heads of state and industry (or DENTISTS!) have for decades perpetrated on an innocent (IGNORANT and STUPID) public.

Extremely well written and tightly researched.
Have you read it?
You know-google or no google, one only has to do A BIT of AVAILABLE research, beyond asking the dentist !!!. Come to your own conclusions. Lemmings who follow the pack and do what everyone else did do not count as research.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:17 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

I know this is an old thread, but some may have an interest. I've been in the anti fluoride battle since I first heard of it's negatives in 1991.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:47 PM

I see a glimmer of hope out there. More "holistic" dentists.
Easy to research. I am hopeful more people will, and also, be open minded to an opinion beyond their dentists.

Old 11-17-2016, 09:02 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
I wanted to go to holistic dentists over the years but saw one once and he didn't accept the insurance I had, so I had to beg off. I have 3 friends who see only holistic dentists. Just read the link on the difference between traditional and holistic dentistry:

How holistic dentists are different from traditional dentists

At this point in my life, I'm not seeing any dentists as the protocols I'm using for dental health are keeping me in good shape.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:06 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Ask the Dentist?? Should you ask the used car slaesman if the car is a good buy? Its what they were taught- its what they have been told.
Dentist want to keep customers walking through the door.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:29 AM

"Oil Pulling" with organic coconut or sesame oil has made a big difference, learned it from a holistic dentist and had never heard of it before. My teeth have never looked better. I never use chemicals to whiten them. Also, I have not been sick in years, hmmm could be? There's a reason it's been around for centuries.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:55 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
"Oil Pulling" with organic coconut or sesame oil has made a big difference, learned it from a holistic dentist and had never heard of it before. My teeth have never looked better. I never use chemicals to whiten them. Also, I have not been sick in years, hmmm could be? There's a reason it's been around for centuries.
Would you tell me how to do the pulling please, Im not into those whitening products either. Im sure most dentists do work thats not required.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:13 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:
By that logic, dentist should be telling patients NOT to use fluoride, brush, or floss and instead drink Mountain Dew and chew candy all day so it will drum up more business for them. Yet, dentists tell patients the opposite...I don't know any used car salesman that will tell you ways to maintain your old car so that you don't have to buy a new one.

Unlike your google doctorate degree, a dentist's degree is based on actual scientific research published in peer-reviewed journals.

Instead of scouring google or facebook for your "evidence", you should be searching pubmed.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Would you tell me how to do the pulling please, Im not into those whitening products either. Im sure most dentists do work thats not required.
As mentioned in the previous post, Use Google to get the low down (and note the site,of course.)
It's just swooshing it in your mouth, pulling the oil thru your teeth. Times vary, mine told me 10 minutes morning and nite. I have cut that in half. Just was too long for me.
I have a Masters in Nursing. But will also look into that Google Degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health