Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 11:01 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,943,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Dude, I am 24 years old. I'm from Denver and I've moved to three different cities in the last few years for school & work, and I'm looking for a job just like everyone else. I'm not here to make people feel excited, I'm here to help people logically think through the facts.
Vegas, you made a great post. I don't think you should have been jumped on for it. My post was much more pessimistic, I thought. And besides, as you say above, your post was made based on actual experience, while mine was not. I would give you reputation points, but I have to "spread some around" first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:38 PM

39 posts, read 92,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
The Dick's in Aurora at Arapahoe & Parker had a "Now Hiring" sign last time I was there. Might want to call them up immediately.

I don't know anything about the culinary industry in Denver, but a frequent poster, livecontent, does, so I'd suggest reading some of his past posts on the subject. For you, I'd say your chances of finding work is probably better than most people I see posting here with similar inquiries. You have retail experience, but not too much experience where it's hard to find open positions. Education-wise, might be best to put nothing further than high school on your application. A lot of this can be the luck of the draw-- and I wish you the best.
Thanks, Vegas - good response. I apologize for getting on you earlier - somehow, the "If I had a dime for every time I've heard......" comment rubbed me wrong. I took a risk by coming to Denver 16 years ago, at a similar stage in life as the original poster. It was a risk at the time, albeit in a better economic climate. I always err on the side of encouraging people in their early 20s to follow their bliss and take a chance on life - it's much more difficult to do this sort of thing in your late 30s.

Good luck getting out of the heat today, folks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver