Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
I tried TACO and was underwhelmed. The Crepes place was good. Am thinking about trying Tom's Urban.
Don't go to Tom's Urban Diner. Overpriced for mediocre food IMO.

D'Corazon is good prices, delicious Mexican food.
Toppings is not terribly good (but edible) pizza and they do $1 slices on Fridays w/ any toppings you want--I'm a sucker for a good deal.
I didn't have the best experience (my meat was dry), but people rave about Boney's BBQ and it's priced well.
Biker Jim's food cart (although pretty much everyone knows about this place, I'm probably not filling you in on anything new)
Osteria Marco pizzas (they are not very good at getting you in & out within an hour, though)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Something different

Carioca Cafe - Bar Bar - Northwest - Denver, CO

Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM

426 posts, read 1,736,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
Don't go to Tom's Urban Diner. Overpriced for mediocre food IMO.

D'Corazon is good prices, delicious Mexican food.
Toppings is not terribly good (but edible) pizza and they do $1 slices on Fridays w/ any toppings you want--I'm a sucker for a good deal.
I didn't have the best experience (my meat was dry), but people rave about Boney's BBQ and it's priced well.
Biker Jim's food cart (although pretty much everyone knows about this place, I'm probably not filling you in on anything new)
Osteria Marco pizzas (they are not very good at getting you in & out within an hour, though)
Came to check in on this thread after eating at Biker Jim's today. I figured someone here must have recommended it.

I actually almost cried while eating the Elk Jalapeno and Cheddar dog. I was really unprepared for how good it was going to be. Obviously it's just a hot dog, but I think it was probably the most purely satisfying meal I've had in years.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
Came to check in on this thread after eating at Biker Jim's today. I figured someone here must have recommended it.

I actually almost cried while eating the Elk Jalapeno and Cheddar dog. I was really unprepared for how good it was going to be. Obviously it's just a hot dog, but I think it was probably the most purely satisfying meal I've had in years.
Glad you found a spot. There are more, but I cannot guarantee tears.

Definitely try D'Corazon.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:06 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Had another excellent evening at Euclid Hall yesterday. Fried Cheese Curds, sausage sampler, and the special porkchop, and spatzel (two of us). All washed down by Avery's Reverend.

Euclid to me, in a way, is Denver food. A awesome blend of craft beer and good food, what is more denver than food that is the gateway for good beer?

Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 PM

229 posts, read 423,691 times
Had the opportunity to try the Populist last night. Great place, food and prices...same guys that own Crema Coffee. Definitely crowded and they don't take rezzies. Once summer get's going they'll open up the patio and add about 30% more seating so that should help. Throw your name in and wander across the street to the Infinite Monkey Theorem wine bar to wait for the call.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:35 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Had the opportunity to try the Populist last night. Great place, food and prices...same guys that own Crema Coffee. Definitely crowded and they don't take rezzies. Once summer get's going they'll open up the patio and add about 30% more seating so that should help. Throw your name in and wander across the street to the Infinite Monkey Theorem wine bar to wait for the call.
Adding it to the list!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
I'm happy with the way this thread turned out. Instead of complaining, sharing places that are good.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 AM

182 posts, read 328,204 times
What's amazing is that I lived in Colorado for more than 20 years and many of the restaurants people are mentioning here I've never even heard of. I thought I ventured out further but apparently not, at least not like I do now that I live in San Diego and am seriously underwhelmed by the food here! I drive all over this city in search of decent food, they have an abundance of restaurants that just serve really blah food.

I saw some show recently on Mexican restaurants (travel channel I think), figured I would check it out since it was going to feature a place in San Diego. At the intro of the show they were in Denver and all of a sudden they show Casa Bonita, pretty much wrote the show off at that point! They were gushing over how everything at Casa Bonita is "handmade from scratch"! If that's good Mexican food I don't know what the world has come to....

Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 AM

426 posts, read 1,736,461 times
Tried D'Corazon for lunch. Thought it was quite good. I got the Mole Enchiladas and was very satisfied with the taste. Pretty routine Mexican food but done right.

Any other downtown-ish places someone would recommend? For a full-ish dinner in the $10-$15 range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver