Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,844 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to South Denver (from NJ) in about a month and will be moving to an apt in South Denver commutable to Lone Tree. Any thoughts or suggestions? I was checking out Palamino Park which seemed really nice. Mixed reviews. I'd appreciate any help anyone might have to offer. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 02:19 PM

11,832 posts, read 34,451,143 times
What type of community are you looking for? This complex is on the eastern edge of Highlands Ranch and it's very commutable to Lone Tree.

The people I know that live there are happy. Lots of singles, activities, pool, in a decidedly upscale community.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,844 times
That sounds really great. I'm not into major partying and i like it to be quiet at night. Mostly I just want a nice apt in a pleasant setting that is well maintained. I was reading reviews and some people said the mgmt isn't that great. But not everyone. It looks really beautiful. Do you think with Denver winters it's important to keep your car in a garage as opposed to a driveway.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:55 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,954,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbar30 View Post
Do you think with Denver winters it's important to keep your car in a garage as opposed to a driveway.
Only if you really hate brushing snow or scraping ice off.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,318,001 times
Palomino Park is in Douglas County/ Highlands Ranch. When you say "South Denver" people are going to think you're refering to areas in the city like Washington Park, Platt Park, Bonnie Brae, DU, etc.

There are a bunch of new apartments in Parker which would be an easy commute to Lone Tree (along Lincoln) and probably less rent than living in Lone Tree or Greenwood Village. But if you don't mind paying in the mid $800's+ there is a lot of selection right in Lone Tree itself-- a lot right next to the Lincoln light rail station on Park Meadows Dr.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,893,069 times
Where are the $800s on Park Meadows Dr? In that area a 1BR runs closer to $1000 right now. Rents have gone way up (10%+ in many cases) over the summer, maybe they will cool down a bit going forward. I agree with looking around Parker, rents start going down as you move away from the light rail line.

As for reviews, they are generally worthless on the online sites. People who post there are doing it because they have a beef with the place, those who are happy are not going to seek out a place to share their happiness. Even if you find people who are living there they can probably think of one or two things they don't like, that's just life with neighbors next to you.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,318,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Where are the $800s on Park Meadows Dr?
That was the "AMLI Park Meadows" complex-- the price they quoted me as of last weekend. The other AMLI complex in Inverness (off Dry Creek) I was told starts in the mid $900s on up. Needless to say, I think that's a waste of money to flush that much $$$$ down the toilet every month on rent. I myself am looking for apartments in the south metro area right now, just happened to check out those places out of curiosity more than anything else, not sure where I'm going to end up.

Quote:
As for reviews, they are generally worthless on the online sites. People who post there are doing it because they have a beef with the place, those who are happy are not going to seek out a place to share their happiness. Even if you find people who are living there they can probably think of one or two things they don't like, that's just life with neighbors next to you.
Agreed. Apartment reviews are bad EVERYWHERE. I do think it's worth reading though to see if there's common themes, and what the complaints are.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,893,069 times
I looked at that place when I was hunting and then again last month just to see what they are charging now. I think the cheapest I saw was $920 something and it was small. It did seem like a decent enough complex and hard to beat the convenience to light rail and retail, but it just comes at too high a price premium IMO.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 AM

345 posts, read 974,525 times
Anything near the DTC/Park Meadows is going to start at about 900 give or take. If you want to spend less, consider looking west of Lone Tree off 470 in Centennial/Littleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver