Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 15,211 times

Advertisements

Me too. Bought a model home 3 years ago ( I still own and rent out a condo near Buckley AFB) I am 7 miles from work and I love living close to the airport. I only have 2 gripes- loud music from cars and people driving too fast on Argonne St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,978 times
well, I live in vail, Co. My husband and I want to buy a house in denver , my cousin told to us GVR is a very good place to live.We have 2 children and my concern are the schools. Can someone advise me please?

mireya urias.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:54 PM

11 posts, read 19,794 times
Default my two cents

I have lived here since we bought a bank owned house last July. We have chose this area because it fits our budget and our close friends had recommend this area and we all did careful search before they decide to buy both online and on site. I agree most of the objective comments others inputted before. It is an area that residents from diversity culture lived there. It is also newer in the part close to the Golf Course. We live in this part, so all my experience is based on this part.
So far, we liked the neighborhood, everyone was taking good care of their front yard. I have seeing kids, dog walkers all over the year. It is a little challenge for us to find a baby care center. We have looked around, and even walked in some nearby elementary schools. I remember we met some very nice staff there and she was trying to help us to find out if the DSST campus has a daycare center opening. After doing all the search, I would say there is no day care center for kids younger than 2. There are many home care provider, but we found a daycare center near the work place, so I really did not search through the family care. We also visited DSST school area, the staff there did mention that they are planning to build the daycare in the campus, but it may not happen any time before 2012.

Finally, I do hope people can get more objective view about this area. I think you still need to go to the area and see much more before being scared away by a few posts emphasizing the horrible experience.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,024 times
Thumbs down green valley ranch, SUCKS!!!

I have lived here over five years and it is a beautiful place, not much crime to speak of, just a few kid things. But the H.O.A. is something else here and the parking enforcement. It's like being a prisoner not a home owner and they have complete control over you, your property and your money backed by the city of Denver and state of Colorado. You get nothing for your H.O.A. fees complain about something and it's the city's service nor there's. The H.O.A. should have been disbanded in 2009 when they were steeling the fees and raising them on "homeowners". Trust me you would be better off in Montbello or bennett, at least you get to own your home there.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:25 PM

20 posts, read 30,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnersmom View Post
My husband I and moved here about 7 months ago from Wisconsin. We are looking to buy a house and found one we loved in GVR. However, it seems like everyone is very split on if they like the area or not. I'm not looking for perfect. I know the schools suck and Im ok with that. We have driven around the area lots of times and it seems just fine. I grew up right outside of Milwaukee and know what the hood looks like and this is NOT it to me. We looked at crime stats and overall crime is down for the past two years. We called the police department and he said he would let his daughter live there.

So... What is the big deal!?!?
I've never really been there but I understand they have gang issues. It's certainly by no means the worst part of town. Newer construction.

Old 07-09-2015, 07:26 PM

20 posts, read 30,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradovulcan13 View Post
Me too. Bought a model home 3 years ago ( I still own and rent out a condo near Buckley AFB) I am 7 miles from work and I love living close to the airport. I only have 2 gripes- loud music from cars and people driving too fast on Argonne St.
SO far from the mountains, though!

I've spent most of my life living within several blocks of Broadway. I'm used to the views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver