Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times

Advertisements

I don't know but it just looks like it has it all and it is not too far from Denver's Night life area.

Of course my plan to move will be in over 2 years - so it might change and be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 PM

61 posts, read 377,886 times
Go to Costco, get a MAPSCO book of Denver and study the boundaries of Englewood. It is all over the place, from north of Cherry Hills Village, around the west side of Cherry Hills and Greenwood Village, mixed up with Centennial, then again on the the eastern edge of Greenwood Village with Centennial. To make matters more confusing, a number of homes in Cherry Hills Village have Englewood titles. I sold a home in Englewood this summer that was 2 houses from Greenwood Village and a half block from Centennial. I normally consider Englewood like Centennial on the west side of I 25, and the real city of Littleton, not the SW quadrant of Denver mailing area.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:26 PM

...and it is a nice place to live, schools good, and about not far from downtown, depending where you live in it.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:12 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,343,001 times
The actual city of Englewood is really very small. You can find a map of it at the cities home page. Just click on community and then maps and directions. You will find a pdf of the actual city limits of Englewood. The city only goes east of Clarkston North of Jefferson. A lot of addresses on the southside of town ended up with Englewood addresses because they were in the unicoorporated county. A lot of people make the simple mistake of assuming just because the address is in the city, the property is in the city. Just has to do with where the nearest post office is.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 AM

...so my clients that have police from City of Greenwood Village, have to deal with the City of Englewood for other issues.....interesting!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:29 PM

23 posts, read 65,022 times
Default Englewood

Does anyone have opinions about englewood?
I found a nice apartment there.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,343,001 times
Depends on where in Englewood it is. There are a lot of places which aren't actually in Englewood which could be considered in it, also like everywhere there are different kids of neighborhoods. If you can give us major cross streets we can tell you more.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:05 PM

26 posts, read 82,970 times
Default Englewood - good communities

Hi,

I am relocating to the Denver area (working by Leetsdale/Parker intersection) and looking into areas to live.

I drove through some of Englewood today and liked the smaller town feel there. I looked at an apartment, Kimberly Village, near Hampton/University and liked that. But then I read on Apartmentratings.com that there was a drive by shooting in that area. I don't want to base my decisions on what one person posts on that forum. I do hope to call the police and speak to them about Kimberly Village.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on good communities in Englewood or nearby.

Much thanks!
Annie

Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 AM

210 posts, read 1,345,505 times
There is an area that is more industrial in Englewood (south of Hampden and east of Santa Fe) but for the most part it's an older suburban community that does not have crime like that. I don't remember hearing about a shooting at Hampden and University but if there was, it's a very rare thing. South of that intersection is Cherry Hills, which is one of the most affluent areas in the Denver area. North is an older, but nice and well-cared for, area. Also right on the corner is the old Denver Seminary, which they are developing into upscale condos and shopping. It is definitely a safe area there and any shooting that occurred in that area was out of the norm. I think that would be a good area to look, of if you want to be close to public transportation you could look west, towards Englewood City Center, which has a nice pedestrian area, a wide variety of shopping, and a light rail line that will take you directly downtown.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:23 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,979,035 times
Default Englewood

Englewood is not a particularly high-crime area, particularly Hampden / University area, which is adjacent to what is possibly the richest enclave in the whole metro area (Cherry Hills).

Some of the older sections of Englewood are a bit run-down, and some have taken to calling parts of it "Engle-'hood". That being said it's statistically not a high-crime area by regional standards, and certainly not by national standards. I personally wouldn't worry much about crime anywhere in Englewood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver