Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM

12 posts, read 38,993 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,
My wife and I are moving to Colorado at the end of April. She will be working in the Lone tree area and we would like to rent somewhere close to that. We are more than willing to rent the right place now if we can find it. Our issue has been that we have dogs ( 2 labs and a heeler). So we need a place that is ok with dogs. We would also like to keep our rent at a max of $1600 a month.
We have tried to contact a few property managment companies and have found that they are not really looking to offer any input. We have also tried the craigslist thing and have found that people are very hesitant to discuss rentals with people out of state. Can't really blame them with all of the scammers out there.
Does anybody have any ideas on a better way to find a rental home for me and my family?

Thanks
JJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 03:48 PM

3,126 posts, read 5,050,140 times
Default Some thoughts

Don't get discouraged. Denver is a dog loving place and you will find houses that accept them. I think the issue is that right now the rental market is very competitive. You are competing with folks that can go look at and commit to a rental right away. As a result there is no need for them to wait for you to come from out of state.

Your best strategy is to do a house hunting trip a couple of weeks before your move. Look at the houses in person and pounce on anything that you think will work. If you leave and try and get it later it may not be available. Have the funds ready to put down your deposit and such should your application be accepted.

Should you not find something or can't do that, move into a hotel that accepts pets and look at rentals every day till you get one. Hopefully you have great credit, good income, and solid references from past landlords.

Good luck and welcome to Denver!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver