Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM

24 posts, read 109,187 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a question next month my job will be transferring me to Colorado. The location of my job is in Highlands Ranch and I have currently found an apartment in Littleton (Pinnacel at Mountains Gate -8miles from my job). Speaking to my friend who has currently moved from Denver to Las Vegas said I have made a BIG mistake.
Here is the situation I am a mixed (African American and Irish) female, single with no children, college educated and chubby (I love pizza). My "friend" said that "I will have issues living in Littleton due to my race and that I need to move to a more diverse location like Aurora or Denver" (which are 20+ miles from my job).

I have no issues with people of other races, being the minority in a city does not bother me (I have lived like this all my life) so because I have never been to Colorado and I am unfamiliar with the cities, is my friend correct? What is everyone's opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 05:36 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Welcome to Colorado and Littleton.
Your friend is wrong (well, except for the Irish part).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/virgilios-pi...-bar-littleton
http://www.yelp.com/biz/il-vicino-wo...izza-littleton

And, when you are ready for "heart-attack" Italian.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-jordano-lakewood

Old 08-25-2012, 08:53 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
Ditto.

Race is largely a non-issue in the Denver Metro Area. When it is an issue, it is usually directed toward Latinos (the whole idea that all Latinos are illegal immigrants).

Contrary to popular belief, minorities do live in Littleton.

Also try:

Garlic Knot - Chatfield Ave and Kipling (by Virgilios)
Brooklyn MC's Pizza - Wadsworth and Bowles.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Your friend is a believer in stereotypes. Live close to your job. If you find out later you want to live elsewhere, you can always move.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Go to Big Bills in Centennial. Great pizza.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Old-town Littleton is home to Arapahoe Community College, which is not far from your new apartment complex and attracts plenty of people of varying ethnicities to the area. Your friend is wrong. I love Littleton, and I think you will, too. Welcome!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 PM

24 posts, read 109,187 times
Thank you Everyone. I am looking forward to moving out to Littleton from Las Vegas this is a mojor change.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Go to Big Bills in Centennial. Great pizza.
I think Big Bills has the worst pizza in Denver! Big Bills is ok one time but it hits your gut like a rock, he uses cheap cheese and toppings. Everyone I know can't eat that pizza.

Lil Ricci's in DTC is so much better. It actually taste good and the left over pizza doesn't turn into hard plastic pizza in your fridge the next day unlike big bills.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I think Big Bills has the worst pizza in Denver! Big Bills is ok one time but it hits your gut like a rock, he uses cheap cheese and toppings. Everyone I know can't eat that pizza.

Lil Ricci's in DTC is so much better. It actually taste good and the left over pizza doesn't turn into hard plastic pizza in your fridge the next day unlike big bills.
I am the opposite of you. I can't eat Lil Ricci's. I also like Anthony's. Parry's makes a good New York style pizza too.

To each their own.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am the opposite of you. I can't eat Lil Ricci's. I also like Anthony's. Parry's makes a good New York style pizza too.

To each their own.

I never tried Anthonys but my husband is a native and mentioned it, he said it used to like it but now he says it's as bad as big bills. I stopped by Parry's when it first opened, my kids didn't even like it and they eat any kind of Pizza.

FWIW, Big Bill used to own a shoe store, it wasn't making money so he opened up that pizza place. He also used to be partners with lil' ricci's and they split.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver