Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM

8 posts, read 13,048 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm planning on moving to Denver from Dallas in January.
I'm single, self employed, and will most likely be getting a 1 bedroom apartment for hopefully $600-800.

I don't know much about Denver and was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction.
I will be visiting in a couple of weeks so I will be sure to use all this info when I'm there searching around..

Are there certain areas that are better for people of my age (27)?

I don't personally like the idea of living Downtown which I imagine will be a common answer to my inquiry. Plus downtown living may be too expensive for my budget so I am open to living anywhere else...

I'm hoping to meet some new friends and start dating so I need to be in the right areas for people of my own age...

Also, I really enjoy biking. I'm not sure if some areas are better for that or not...

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
-Kody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Be prepared

The rental market in greater Denver is very tight. Under 4%.
$600-800 for a 1 bed seems a tad low to me.
Take a spin on Padmapper.com. Use the filters. If you have a pet, then you really need to use the filters.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:43 AM

556 posts, read 1,200,176 times
If you like biking and don't have to worry about a work commute, maybe look west? Green mountain, golden and arvada have access to great trails. There is less night life than in denver but rent will be significantly cheaper. You could also look further up into the foothills if that lifestyle suits you.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 AM

Thanks guys. Padmapper.com is very helpful @davebarnes

Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 AM

I will be in the area Dec 14-18 to check it out... Any other recommendations for areas?

I do not have to be in the city limits of Denver... I am from DFW (Dallas Fort-Worth) so when I say Denver I kinda mean the whole metroplex if that's what you call it... I am also open to Colorado Springs since I discovered the population to be around 500K. This sounds big enough for me personally.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:53 PM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,838 times
Actually, having lived in COS when I was 27, I would tell you to stay away from COS. Pretty slim pickings on the dating market, a bar scene dominated by military (there's good and bad with that) and people from COS are a little closed to people not from COS. The job market is poor there unless you have a military clearance. I mention that just in case you free-lance.

600-800 is low for most 1bd apartments in Denver but in the wheelhouse for 2 bd with a roommate. Have you looked at the Ken Cayrl Ranch? That may be affordable and closer to the mountains and has some decent biking nearby. It was a foreclosure belt in 2008 so prices have probably not rebounded like Denver or Highlands Ranch has.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:18 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
Actually, having lived in COS when I was 27, I would tell you to stay away from COS. Pretty slim pickings on the dating market, a bar scene dominated by military (there's good and bad with that) and people from COS are a little closed to people not from COS. The job market is poor there unless you have a military clearance. I mention that just in case you free-lance.

600-800 is low for most 1bd apartments in Denver but in the wheelhouse for 2 bd with a roommate. Have you looked at the Ken Cayrl Ranch? That may be affordable and closer to the mountains and has some decent biking nearby. It was a foreclosure belt in 2008 so prices have probably not rebounded like Denver or Highlands Ranch has.
While South Jeffco has not rebounded as well as some areas, you would be hard-pressed to get a place in that price range.

A one bedroom down there runs about $950 - $1,050. Two bedrooms will run about $1,200 minimum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver