Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 AM

18,060 posts, read 27,510,336 times

Advertisements

Denver area car chase ends without any injuries hopefully.

Well actually a state trooper was hurt and is in the hospital.

This maniac started off in Longmont by stealing a red Ford Edge and got to about Aurora north/east bound on E470, pulled another vehicle over and took off in that gold minivan. Drove up E470, then back down, wrecked ,took off again, wrecked into a lady in a silver car, went up to her and pulled her out and drove off in it, wrecked into about three cars in an intersection and took off on foot, then the cops got him.

I saw all this craziness on the news just a bit ago.

What a remarkable job by that helicopter pilot. This was COPS on steroids. The four year old boy that was in the first vehicle is ok.

Much more to come on this story.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 AM

356 posts, read 625,045 times
Pretty crazy indeed- I was yelling at the TV for the lady in the silver car not to stop!!!!!

We lived in those condos right on Peoria/Lincoln last year so know exactly where he tried to hop the fence but since he couldn't do a simple pull up, he got busted behind the caribue coffee.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 AM

9,437 posts, read 8,415,174 times
Was watching this all play out live this a.m. on the treadmill at the gym, totally riveting. SO glad this clown was caught and that he didn't hurt anyone. For a minute I was thinking he might actually get away but kudos to the police and sheriffs who were involved for nabbing him and to the Fox helicopter pilot who stuck with him the entire time.

Here's to hoping this piece of trash goes to prison and becomes someone's "b....h" for a very, very long time.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 AM

So that was off Peoria? I was trying to figure that out. I knew he was west of Jordan road, then west of the original toll booths, then I can't remember what road Dove Valley is on. Is that Havana? Anyways, he was coming close to the I-25 traffic but turned off.

That gal was probably half pissed he wrecked into her and half playing good samaritan to see if he was ok. She should have had her door locked and been ready to speed off.

So off he went again and a cop tried to stop him prior to the intersection. The cop could have absolutely t-boned him right there.

This will be a good training video for the cops.

Oh, all all the while we hear that the helicopter is about out of fuel.

So after the intersection crash he gets out and a cop is coming around that other vehicle, the guy thinks about jacking that one but the cop pulls in front of it, the driver hits the cop who gets out to pursue the punk, the punk is running away while trying to keep his pants up, biffs it and loses his coat, and as you say, can't climb a fence.

Good thing too. Them cops took a while getting there.

Trying to watch this thing on southern Colorado channel 5 was torture because while he was southbound and coming up on I-70 they kept thinking he as north bound and north of Denver and heading into the mountains because of the terrain and increased snow. They get more snow out near Parker, Elizabeth, Kiowa etc. Anyways, Springs newscasters need a geography lesson. How do you get from E-470 east or north south or westbound and end up in the mountains without crossing I-25 and going another 20 30 miles?

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-12-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 AM

8,611 posts, read 14,923,344 times
I was way too close to this for comfort. When he carjacked the 3rd car at Peoria and E-470 I was southbound on Peoria at Lincoln Ave. He wrecked and fled on foot at Peoria and Lincoln. At that point I was only about a half mile ahead of him heading westbound on Lincoln.

Dirtbag err suspect is a 28 year-old by the name of Ryan Stone. Has a rap sheet a mile long going back to 2003. Was wanted in connection with a truck theft yesterday in Longmont. During the chase he struck a state trooper at E-470 and Chambers. Trooper is going to live but you can probably add attempted murder of a peace officer to the litany of charges he's facing.

Confirmed via 9News - DA's office is contemplating attempted murder charges.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...cking/6329699/

Old 03-12-2014, 11:35 AM

I'm wondering while you were driving down Lincoln did you have any idea via radio, police presence, signs etc. what was going on?

Wow. Better than a cup of coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
These types of chases, broadcast on TV, happen several times per year in the L.A. area. You provincial bumpkins act like you never seen a good car chase before...
According to my local Southern Colorado newscasters, the suspect crashed 5 blocks from LA. "No wait! Is that Casper? No! Gillette!"

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-12-2014 at 12:33 PM..

Old 03-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm wondering while you were driving down Lincoln did you have any idea via radio, police presence, signs etc. what was going on?
Yup. I was listening to KOA and tracking the state patrol scanner on my phone. Saw the cavalry from DougCo and Lone Tree headed east on Lincoln as I was headed west. My wife called freaking out and I had to tell her I was getting ready to get outta the way.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,259,950 times
These types of chases, broadcast on TV, happen several times per year in the L.A. area. You provincial bumpkins act like you never seen a good car chase before At least no one was killed.

I remember a time back in the 90s when there were sports bars in SoCal that would turn on car chases on all the TVs and have "happy hour" until it was over.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
These types of chases, broadcast on TV, happen several times per year in the L.A. area. You provincial bumpkins act like you never seen a good car chase before At least no one was killed.

I remember a time back in the 90s when there were sports bars in SoCal that would turn on car chases on all the TVs and have "happy hour" until it was over.
They were common in Dallas when I lived there, too, but not having them here that often is a good thing. We've already gotten more than our fair share of bad pub thanks to spree-killing psychos. We don't need daily displays of stupidity behind the wheel courtesy of low-IQ dipsticks.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,045,533 times
The video.

Wild Police Car Chase GTA V style - YouTube

Kind of reminds me of this one from 1988.

News 4 helicopter films shooting in 1988 Denver Police Chase - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver