Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 5,175 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Recently moved to Aurora for a variety of reasons, one being that my husband has been forced to illegally medicate using marijuana in our home state of Kansas for several years, and he has debilitating back disease and severe anxiety, with mj being one of the only things that helps.

So we need to get a doctor that can help treat him for these diseases, and hopefully issue a medical marijuana recommendation, but all of the doctors seem so sketchy! We want a REAL doctor who will try hands on, alternative treatment methods for his multiple back disorders. I am so turned off by this market of stop by and grab a recommendation real quick for $60 walk in clinics. We just want someone who will be a legitimate care taker.

Any suggestions of doctors in the Aurora area that fit the description of primary care/legitimate care doctor who will recommend mmj card?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM

833 posts, read 1,712,730 times
You have already decided that MMJ is "the only thing that helps" so get your MMJ card from anyone that will give it to you and then find the best doctor you can to treat him from the conventional point of view. I don't see how the two are in conflict and I can't imagine a doctor would refuse to see or treat your husband because of his MMJ use.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post
You have already decided that MMJ is "the only thing that helps" so get your MMJ card from anyone that will give it to you and then find the best doctor you can to treat him from the conventional point of view. I don't see how the two are in conflict and I can't imagine a doctor would refuse to see or treat your husband because of his MMJ use.
Agreed.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM

5 posts, read 5,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Native View Post

That's what we planned on doing if no one could give us a recommendation...

And where we are from, doctors treat you like a second hand citizen when you disclose such use (we have experienced this multiple times). Additionally I said it is "ONE of the only things that helps". Which is also why I was hoping someone might be able to recommend an open minded doctor who will try other things as well.

Thanks again.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:36 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
From the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine

Quote:
Despite a high prevalence of use in Colorado, most family physicians are not convinced of marijuana's health benefits and believe its use carries risks. Nearly all agreed on the need for further medical education about medical marijuana.
Colorado family physicians' attitudes toward medical marijuana.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,821 times
My sister got her's here, it's actually free at the moment i think. she has cancer and this whole alternative medicence or whatever is really helping her www_dot_medicalmarijuanacard_dot_center just thought i d share
[url]http://www.medicalmarijuanacard.center/[/url]

Old 05-27-2015, 10:39 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcollins View Post
My sister got her's here, it's actually free at the moment i think. she has cancer and this whole alternative medicence or whatever is really helping her www_dot_medicalmarijuanacard_dot_center just thought i d share
Medical Marijuana Card Center - Get a free medical marijuana card
My sister beat breast cancer several years ago (so far) and despite morphine and hydrocodone it was smoking a joint that did the best job of relieving her pain and letting her get a decent night's sleep. She never used the stuff before, or since, since it's illegal in MD, so she's back to her Friday night karaoke scene and rum & coke.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:04 PM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroble View Post
That's what we planned on doing if no one could give us a recommendation...

And where we are from, doctors treat you like a second hand citizen when you disclose such use (we have experienced this multiple times). Additionally I said it is "ONE of the only things that helps". Which is also why I was hoping someone might be able to recommend an open minded doctor who will try other things as well.

Thanks again.
Completely understand what you mean. You won't find that reaction here.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM

557 posts, read 811,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
My sister beat breast cancer several years ago (so far) and despite morphine and hydrocodone it was smoking a joint that did the best job of relieving her pain and letting her get a decent night's sleep. She never used the stuff before, or since, since it's illegal in MD, so she's back to her Friday night karaoke scene and rum & coke.
One of my wife's relatives dealt with breast cancer a couple of years ago. MMJ greatly benefited her as well during her difficult times with nausea and pain, and helping her appetite.

It is amazing the stigma that still surrounds marijuana use. Decades and decades of misinformation will take some time to reverse I suppose. It's getting there though.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD401 View Post
...It is amazing the stigma that still surrounds marijuana use. Decades and decades of misinformation will take some time to reverse I suppose.....
Kind of like getting rid of racism, sexism and other bigotries....takes a very long time....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: