Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 05:54 PM

415 posts, read 607,063 times

Advertisements

Update on original post: I've experienced 4 hail storms now in my 4 months here and this one damaged my husbands new truck. The weather is wonderful.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-16-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 09:06 AM

133 posts, read 149,473 times
I am going to climb my 6 -10 14ers this summer, which are so far spectacular and then I am out of here too... hopefully before the winter. I just hope the real estate market holds out. :::fingers crossed:::

Old 07-17-2016, 09:20 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I come from Miami where the humidity is brutal. Plus we have the afternoon rain storms everyday in the summer. Granted they last not too long but to go out after is BRUTAL with the humidity. Instant sweatbath.

Soooo to me the weather here is great. I don't mind the winter/snow as it's something I've never had before and I get to wear all my cute winter coats and boots

Old 07-17-2016, 09:36 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,724 times
Its a matter of opinion. I know people that love south east summers....I hate them....I love snow..some hate it.

I enjoy seasons. July and August are probably my least favorite months here because I dont like hot weather. The sun here beats you down pretty bad. But it cools down at night into the 60's where ATL it would be 87 past mid night. Ive lived in the south and there are some really nice areas and things about it, I just wouldn't want to live there due to the heat. Asheville and parts of VA would be where I could go.

I also wouldn't mind living in the upper north west or north east as well (Maine, Seattle) Id deal with super cold and rain for great summers. You can always go to Mexico for a week if needed.

CO has some negatives but I think the weather is near the bottom of the list.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 AM

For me I was thinking VA Beach - still has seasons and snow (but a little snow and what I consider to be a "mild winter", which is perfect for me). Yes summers are humid - but, less relative humidity than further south - and fall and spring are long and wonderful. Having lived there before, I feel the humidity is not bad if you are close to the bay or ocean shoreline. I will DEFINITELY miss my western mountains though (AZ, CO, UT, CA). That is the biggest thing I feel I am giving up since that is where I go virtually every weekend.

Agreed on Miami summer humidity being brutal though... I had a sailboat down there and summers are insanely humid. Winters are a dream though (warmer than Phoenix).

Last edited by sailelsa; 07-17-2016 at 10:30 AM..

Old 07-17-2016, 10:26 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,102,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailelsa View Post
For me I was thinking VA Beach - still has seasons and snow (but a little snow and what I consider to be a "mild winter", which is perfect for me). Yes summers are humid - but, less relative humidity than further south - and fall and spring are long and wonderful. Having lived there before, I feel the humidity is not bad if you are close to the bay or ocean shoreline. I will DEFINITELY miss my western mountains though (AZ, CO, UT). That is the biggest thing I feel I am giving up since that is where I go virtually every weekend.

Agreed on Miami summer humidity being brutal though... I had a sailboat down there and summers are insanely humid. Winters are a dream though (warmer than Phoenix).
I love the weather here but of course no place is perfect.
After 20 years in MSP and 18 years in central Florida, I personally can't stomach flat terrain.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
I love the weather here but of course no place is perfect.
After 20 years in MSP and 18 years in central Florida, I personally can't stomach flat terrain.
Yes, that is the one thing drawing me toward Phoenix area again vs Virginia Beach... but, my family is back east from Boston to the Keys - so IDK.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:12 PM

23 posts, read 22,061 times
Spending most of my life in the Chicagoland area i can say the climate out here is waaay milder than back home. The winter time is pleasant and the summers can be warm, but the lack of humidity makes it great. The springtime is the hardest to deal with, one day it can be 75 and the next day your knee-deep in snow.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:23 AM

56 posts, read 60,564 times
Oh wonderful, another person from Chicago to tell us how mild it is here. Now you KNOW you're living in a paradise when someone from Chicago says it's mild.

My car was ruined the other day also.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:50 AM

556 posts, read 763,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick4242 View Post
Oh wonderful, another person from Chicago to tell us how mild it is here. Now you KNOW you're living in a paradise when someone from Chicago says it's mild.

My car was ruined the other day also.
I'm from Los Angeles and I agree with the Chicago person, the weather here is mild. Sucks about your car. My roof was destroyed by hail. But that's why we have insurance. At least now you can get a new car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver